Chapter Sixteen

I was following the two anthro honey bees that carefully took Avira into the medical bay, but when she entered, one of the anthro honey bees gestured at me not to come inside. I complied, but they seemed to notice the concern on my face.

And the one who gestured to me not to come in spoke.

In their Hexian language, the anthro bee said in a young, feminine, and calm tone, "She will be fine; she will be taken care of."

She then started to walk past me slightly, looking down at me before gesturing ahead of me.

"I'll take you to the quarters you will stay in."

I nodded knowingly and began to follow her, but she would glance at me briefly when we walked. And I seemed to notice this when I turned to look at her; she quickly glanced away from me, and I thought. "Was she looking at me?" I felt like I needed clarification.

That was when I looked at her and asked her something, but she had already spoken before I could.

"The queen would like to speak with you. Privately."

"But clean yourself before you do." She said.

And I noticed her nose slightly scrunched up.

The smell that seems to come from you is pretty disturbing," the anthro bee said, trying to control and choose her words carefully.

"Okay," I said, nodding to her and speaking in her language.

They walked down a hallway and then turned to another one, which led to another room area, and assumed this was where I would be staying.

And to my assumption, I was correct. She took me to a hexagon-shaped wooden yellow-painted door and opened it with the handle to the side, guiding me inside the quarters. I looked at my surroundings once I walked in andowed me inside the anthro foll. The whole room was shaped like a hexagon, and to the right side of the room was a guest bed shaped like a hexagon. In front of me was a balcony, and to the left was what looked to be the bathroom and to see that I was standing on what looked to be a hexagon-shaped carpet that was a combination of white and bright yellow and had been designed with hexagon shapes.

"Man, so many hexagons." I thought.

After taking another moment to consider my surroundings, I looked at her, confused, as if she were watching me observe everything.

"It seems you know your surroundings. I'll let you know when the queen wants to speak with you, but in the meantime, wash yourself if you don't mind." She said, walking away back to the door. When she did, she took one shorter glance at me before closing it, leaving me alone in the quarters I was assigned to be in.

"Okay, first things first, a shower."

I took a moment to place my gear on the bed and undid my hood, ruffling my short brown hair. After Avira shared her power with me, I got used to breathing in the planet's atmosphere.

I could unzip and undo my suit, struggling at first, but I got it off and only put it in a hydration-thin suit. Then, I took off the shirt and the thin pants.

I was now bare, so I went over to the bathroom to see the shower that had a fountain above a hexagon-shaped marble flooring that kept the water from leaking and spreading in the bathroom. Once I was in the bathroom, I went over to the shower and to see a carved feminine anthro bee holding a vase-like container that was carved as a fountain and to see a small on and off knob, and to see Hexian language carked on both sides to turn the knob, either on hot or cold.

Once, I understood which side was hot and cold because, in my world, the hot and cold mechanism was hot on the left and cold on the right.

Once I turned on the water, the water was cold only for a split second. I reached with my hand to feel the heat being generated within the water, so once it was warm enough for me, I stepped in, I started to get myself wet, and once I was wet enough to get myself cleaned up, I was able to find that there was a hexagon shaped bar of soap. Once I grabbed it and rubbed it against the palm of my hands. When the soap was on my hands, I could clean myself up.

I cleaned myself, carefully turned the water off, found a towel, and used it to dry myself. Afterward, I saw a pair of freshly folded clothes on my bed. I was confused at first that these weren't my clothes, but I was grateful that someone was kind enough to give me a pair of folded clothes. What surprised me more was that they were even the correct size.

Which was even more surprising for me. I was able to put them on, and the clothing was a t-shirt colored a light yellowish-grey, and the pants were a slightly dark white. I used my suit boots, and once I was ready, I headed toward the door. When I opened it, I pooped my head out to see nothing and no one in the halls, looking both sides and ways of the hallway.

Closing the door behind me, I started to wander in the hallway; before I could get any further to wherever I was going, I was greeted by a voice behind me.

"It seems my subjects have taken an interest in you." I quickly turned to see the queen before me.

To be continued