28

Max POV
"Ugh we finally got the canoes back!" Max says as he wipes sweat from his forehead. "Let's just hurry back so we can get started on dinner." Harrison says while walking off.

Man, I hate that guy.

All of them follow behind him, Max being the last one. They all head towards the door and hear yelling. 

"What's going on in there?" Neil asks. Max steps in front of everyone to inspect. He opens the door and sees Preston run past him. He also notices the sound of a wobbling ladder. He sees your about to fall.

His reflexes quickly kick in and he reaches out his arms to catch you. He looks at you and sees you have your eyes closed. You open them and say, "Max?"

"Geez, you gotta be more care-" he stops talking when you wrap your arms around his neck. "Thank you! Things could've ended terribly." Max quickly sets you on the floor and pushes you off him. You look confused.

"..uh, no problem. See you later." He says as he hurriedly walks to the back kitchen.

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! She's always confusing me! I can't tell if she's sending me singles. I mean.. yesterday she was... No! She was drunk! She probably doesn't even like me.

"Hey. If you're gonna do nothing but stare at that wall, you might as well come help." Erid says as she starts grabbing some pots out of the cupboards. Max gets embarrassed and quickly puts on his apron.

Y/n's POV
I don't know what I did to Max but he seems like he's distancing himself.

"Hey y/n, we already finished with our jobs. You wanna go see if Max and them need help?" Nikki asks.

I don't know if Max wants me around him. I can just use this excuse.

"Sure."

340 words

Hellooo. I know this chapter is shorter than usual, but I know some people have been wanting an update. I know I said this last time but I'm just really tired of school.