Chapter 3

"We fight a lot lately. He's always picking fights," I admitted, immediately regretting telling Zach.

"What do you fight about?" he asked, concerned.

"Anything and everything. I don't know why. He just gets mad all the time now."

"Well..." he sighed. "If you need anyone to run to, I'm here."

"Um... thanks..." I said, still confused as to why he was suddenly acting like we were friends.

Maybe he had always had this sweet side and I'd just never noticed. He let my hand go and stood up from the couch, picking up his water bottle.

"Why?" I asked randomly as he turned to leave to the room.

He stopped at the door and leaned against the frame."Because..." he said, glancing down the hall. "You don't deserve that. And... I care about you."

With that being said, he left the room. I opened the fridge to grab a coke and head over to the side of the stage to watch the opening act perform. On my journey down the long hallway, I ran into David.

"Hey," he smiled.

He had a guitar strapped around his body and he was making his way to the stage entrance.

"Hola," I returned the smile as we walked together.

"You gonna watch our set?"

"Wouldn't miss it," I said looking down the hallway to see Cameron and Zach standing at the end of the hall talking. David patted my back lightly and smiled.

"I guess I'll see you in the audience," he grinned, joining his band mates at the stage entrance as I noticed the strobe lights kick on and the drummer began a wicked beginning solo.

The boys ran out on stage and I could barely hear over the crowd. I watched their first couple songs from backstage with Cameron and Zach until Cam tapped my shoulder and asked if I wanted to walk around to the balcony above the audience and watch the show. I nodded and we made the long run around the venue and up a few stairs to get there. It was worth it though. The view was epic. I could see the entire stage, the majority of the audience and the whole band.

I watched David playing guitar and singing. He looked so happy and it made me feel good to see him having such a great time. He looked up at us for a few seconds and smiled before running around the stage some more. I had never seen these guys before today and I had to admit, they were good. I was impressed. Their set was fun and I'm usually not into opening acts at most concerts I go to but I really liked them. They made it really enjoyable. Soon their set came to a close and the lights dimmed. Cameron leaned over the balcony railing to try to see how far back the crowd went.

"I have to get down there. Our set starts in five minutes," he said, not looking at me. I think he was too focused on watching the audience.

"I'm gonna stay here to watch you guys," I replied, sitting back in the chair.

"Okay. I guess I'll see you after the show then," he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek.

"I love you. Wish me luck."

"Have fun!" I smiled as he ran off to the stairs.

I took a quick bathroom break and went back to my seat. A couple minutes later the lights went back to dancing around the auditorium and I watched Cameron's band run out onto the stage. He had a big goofy grin on his face and I was happy to see him smiling for a change.

Two songs in, I felt someone sit down next to me. I glanced over to see David watching the guys perform. I smiled, glad I wasn't alone up here anymore. He returned the smile and continued watching the show. I assumed he didn't say anything because it would be really hard to hear each other over the crowd and the music. I noticed Cameron staring up at us several times throughout the set. I hoped he wasn't pissed that David was sitting with me. But we weren't even talking so that's okay, right?