Chapter 33 - Dating the Rival

[Word count - 1,626]

Same day...

Location - Tsukishima Residence, Living Room

Your POV

After a long day of working on that collab show with Roselia and Morfonica, my mom and I got a surprise visit from Sakiko. I haven't seen her since the rematch battle with Ave Mujica. I was expecting her to say something bad to me, but... she seems so different than before.

My mom invited her inside, and after removing our shoes, we went to the living room. She and I sat down on the couch while my mom went to the kitchen. 

"Do you want some tea, Sakiko-chan?" My mom asked. 

"That would be nice, thank you." She replied while forming a small smile. 

While my mom starts making the tea, I began to ask her some questions. 

"So, you said you wanted to talk, right?" I asked. 

She nodded. 

"Yes. I wanted to apologize for how I've been acting towards you." She said while looking at her feet. "It was inexcusable, and I have no one to blame but myself..."  

I can see the pain in her eyes, and it breaks my heart to see her like this. Despite everything she did to me, she's still a human with feelings at the end of the day. I moved closer to her and gently rubbed her back with my hand, comforting her. 

She was surprised for a brief moment, but she lets out a sigh, and smiled once again. 

"Thanks... that actually feels good." She said while smiling. 

"No problem." I replied.

At that moment, my mom came into the living room and gave Sakiko her cup of tea.

"Here you go, drink up." She said.

"Thanks."

Sakiko took a sip of the tea, and she felt even more relaxed.

"This is good." She said while grinning at my mom.

"I'm glad you like it."

She started to yawn.

"Well, I'm gonna go to bed." She said. "Make sure not to stay up too late, son, and Sakiko-chan, if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask."

"Will do. Goodnight."

My mom went up to her bedroom to go to sleep. Now Sakiko and I are alone in the living room. There was a moment of silence between us before I decided to speak up, and ask her something important.

"So, Sakiko, is it okay if I asked you something?" 

"Of course. What is it?" 

"Why were you stopping me from achieving my destiny, and what was the real goal for having those live performance battles?" I asked.