Chapter 28 - A Rebellious Date

[Word count - 2,074]

A/N #1: Happy early birthday to Mitake Ran, the vocalist of Afterglow. I was going to do a single chapter stand-alone book for her birthday until I remember that this was sitting here, so... yeah. Enjoy the chapter.

A few days later...

Location - Residential Area

Your POV

It is a new day, and I am making my way towards CiRCLE to began my shift. My mom said she had to go on ahead early because of a meeting she had to attend to, so for now, it is just me. Today was such a nice day, not a single cloud in the sky.

As I kept walking, I eventually walked past Lisa's house, and that made me remember the date she and I had a few days ago. I did had a good time, and I hope something like that could happen again. But what are the chances of that happening, huh?

I decided to go to CiRCLE with the Galactic Guitar, hoping to get some practice in. As I made my way down the sidewalk, someone calls out to me.

"Hey there, (Y/N)-san."

I looked over to where the voice was coming from, and I was able to find the source right away.

Turns out it was Ran from Afterglow

Turns out it was Ran from Afterglow. I smiled as I made my way towards her.

"Good morning, Ran." I said to her. "How's it going?"

"Not bad, I guess." She said. "Are you heading to CiRCLE?"

"Yeah, I am." I replied. "Duty calls, you know?"

"Yeah, I suppose so."

Ran starts to look around, as if she was looking for something.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Ah, forgive me for being nosy, but... is it just you? Where's Marina-san?"

"Oh my mom? She had a meeting to attend to, so she ended up going on ahead." I explained.