Chapter 12 - The Newly Formed Band

[Word count - 1,377]

The following weekend...

Location - Live House CiRCLE, Lobby

Your POV

A lot of things has happened ever since I first started working at CiRCLE. Aside from having a job, I managed to make some new friends, as well as being reunited with Kanon after so many years. On top of that, I have been playing an instrument in secret.

Why did I decide to do that? Well, for two reasons. The first reason was being inspired by the girl bands after watching them perform a few times. It made me want to give it a shot myself.

The other reason is... mostly likely... destiny. I don't know how to explain it, but... I feel like I was destined to play an instrument and perform alongside the others. But as I said before, I am doing this in secret, so they don't need to know about it just yet.

Today was another normal day of working at CiRCLE, or so I thought. I went out to buy a few things from Edogawa Music Shop, and as soon as I came back, I saw my mom feeling quite sad over the phone.

"I see

"I see... That's too bad." She said. Who is she talking to?

"Well, I just hope she gets better."

My mom hung up as she lets out a sigh.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"That was Ririko-chan, the woman in charge of Live House RiNG." She answered. That name sounds familiar.

"Isn't that the name of the live house Kasumi and Saaya work at?" I asked.

"Yeah, and she told me that poor Saaya-chan has come down with a fever."

"Oh, that's not good." I said, growing concerned. "Do you think Kasumi will be okay by herself?"

She didn't say anything, and I realized what came out of my mouth. Kasumi is most likely overwhelmed by the fact that she has to work by herself. At that moment, my mom came up with an idea.