Prologue - The Beginning

[Word count - 625]

Your POV

Hello, my name is (Y/N) (L/N), and I live with my adopted mother in an apartment. You might know my mom by her first name; Marina. And you might wonder... how she became my mother in the first place? Well, it went like this...

I was in an orphanage for most of my life. I watched the kids, who were in the same position as me, were getting adopted except for me. Seeing them happy made me sad. I had no hope on getting picked...

However, my frown was turned upside down when a young woman entered the orphanage. This was Marina, but up until today, I didn't know what her name was. I've seen her here before, though. It turns out that she is friends with the owner of the orphanage.

She spotted me and walked over to me with a smile on her face.

"Hi there, you're (Y/N)-kun, am I right?" She asked

"Umm, y-yeah, that's me." I answered.

"It's nice to meet you, my name is Tsukishima Marina." She said introducing herself.

"N-Nice to... m-meet you, too." I stuttered.

And that is how Marina and I officially met. At the time, she was a few years too young to be a parent, but I wasn't worried about that. Ever since she introduced herself, Marina and I thought would often hangout together here in the orphanage.

She told some amazing stories to help pass the time. She would tell me real stories like how she used to be in a band with girls around the same age as her, or she'll tell me fictional stories like how this made up character name Dave is a total goofball. In that story, he once said...

"I love numbers. My favorite letter is a square."

Indeed. Having Marina here made my time
at the orphanage more bearable. This went on for a couple more years until I heard some news that changed everything.

"(Y/N)-kun, as of today, your time at the orphanage has come to an end." The owner said. "As of today, someone is willing to take you in."

I've been waiting to hear those words for so long now. I'm surprised someone actually wanted to adopt me. But who would want to waste their time on me anyway?

"Really? Who is it?" I asked.

"That will be me."

I heard a familiar voice coming towards me, and my jaw nearly dropped when I saw who it was.

"Marina!!!"

I ran over to give her a hug. She smiled as she got down on her knees and hugged me back. I was so happy that she picked me out of all the remaining kids.

"Hi (Y/N)-kun, are you surprised?" She asked.

"Yes! I am!" I said excitedly.

"Trust me, I would've adopted you sooner, but I wasn't in a good position to do so. But thankfully, the owner was kind enough to hold on to you until I was ready to become a mom."

Marina smiled at me, and it did sound like what she had to deal with wasn't easy. But to be honest, I wasn't that sad. Marina picked me out of the kindness of her heart, and to me, it was worth it.

I now have a new mom, and thanks to her, something amazing happened. But if you're wondering what it is, then... you'll have to read the story to find out.

To be continued

A/N: Hello, everyone. Welcome to The Music of Destiny, the new harem book for the collection.
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it, and I'll see you in the next one. :)