Chapter 19: Awakening

Leopold and Zion were in their room as the boys packed up their materials. It was the last day that they would be at Academy Four; most likely forever... Summer Vacation was on the horizon as everyone from both Academy Four and Five prepared to put behind them the tragic events that had occurred...

"So, what are you planning to do?" Leopold asked his friend, quickly throwing on his black coat as he jumped onto the bed behind him.

Zion looked up and Leopold and shrugged. "I was debating on going to see Amy's family, but after what happened it may be best to leave it for now... Maybe I'll go see my family or something."

The blond haired boy's eyes narrowed as he heard Zion's reply. "Right... Must be weird having the leader of the Angels as your father and your brother as one of the greatest Angels of the current time, huh..."

Zion nodded. "Tis a bit weird..."

Leopold looked out the window and frowned. "Well at least you know what your time will be like there... I'm note even sure what I'm going to experience yet."

"Didn't you say that you were going back to your old village?" Zion asked, receiving a nod from his friend. "How did you find out where it was anyway? Didn't you say that it was attacked and burned down some years back?"

"Yeah. I found out where it is through some... connections." Leopold said. What had really happened was that the voice inside his head had found out where it currently was and that it was apparently still mostly alright from after the attack by the bandits. However, it wasn't like Leopold could tell Zion about any of that...

"Well good for you." Zion stretched his arms as he grabbed his sword sheath and put it on his back." Then will see you next year, Leo." He fist bumped Leopold and then left the room. Leopold watched with a frown.

"Next year... Wonder what that will be like..." 

*********************

Leopold walked through the forest in silence as he headed eastward from Academy Four's location. It had been a few days since he started walking toward the location of his village and his feet hurt from all of the walking... Sure, he knew that walking to a village that was all the way in Kushida would be a bit tiresome, but this was madness!

"Maybe I should stop at a city soon to get some food and actual rest..." he said to himself. "What do you think, voice?" No answer came... 

That was another thing that was bugging Leopold. He hadn't been able to speak with the voice in his head since the conversation they had spoken when Leopold was thinking of killing the student council president of Academy Four. After that, there was nothing...

"Did I make him mad?"  Leopold wondered. "I hope he talks soon..."

Leopold yawned as he started to see what looked like a town in the distance. "Maybe I can get some food there and take a break for a bit..." There didn't seem like any other choice, so he did as he saw best.

The next day after he had rested for a bit, he left and went back to walking through the dark woods and lonely deserts that he would face until reaching his village. Why was walking so annoying?

"I would just ask Mia to use her water spirit powers and send me there faster, but I don't want bother her... Maybe I'll ask her to take me back to the school when this is all over instead." Leopold said.

As he walked through the woods, something caught his attention. Off to the right, a figure was standing there... A black coat covered his body as piercing red eyes started back at him. Leopold was being watched.

"Hello?" he called to the man. "Hello? Are you going to reply?"

The man frowned as he walked out into the light to stare at Leopold with menacing eyes. "So... your the guy that boss told me to kill, huh? Very well..."