Chapter 1: Returns!

"So you're sure you got everything?" John asked.

"Yes, father." Leopold assured. "I've been getting everything for multiple days along with everyone else! I am positive I got everything!"

"Yes. But you have lost a lot of items before is what I think your father is implying." Mikayla said. "Maybe it would be safe to check your stuff one more time to make sure you didn't miss anything, Leo."

"I didn't!" Leopold exclaimed.

"Just how little of faith do people put in you, Leopold?" Lucas asked.

"Extremely little apparently..." Leopold mumbled. "Look, I have everything and I have checked multiple times! If I have to check another ten times because you people are worried then we won't every make it to school! It starts back up in just a few days, so we need to get going soon!" That is right. Christmas break was coming to an end for the students of Academy Five and school would begin once again in a few days from the present. This semester, twenty-one students including these four here were going to Academy Four for an exchange tournament and Leopold was worried that if they didn't leave soon then they would miss heading off to it. "Why do these people not trust me anyway? I've only forgotten things like ninety percent of the time! That ten percent will come through I'm sure!"

"If he's sure, then just let him go." Leopold's new mother, Cindy, suggested. "If he does end up losing something, then having this happen would be a good lesson to him anyway."

Leopold felt a small tear fall from his eye. "Finally! Someone who is decent enough to trust in me! I love my new mother!"  Leopold had gotten along with Cindy lately and come to form a close bond with his new mother. This was only further proof that she was indeed one of the most wonderful women in the world. "Father sure did find the most amazing someone..."  He looked over at Mikayla and corrected his thoughts. "Almost the most amazing someone."

"I guess that may be for the best..." John said, giving up on his argument. "If you think you're good, then have a wonderful semester. And be sure to say hi to Charlotte for me! I still can't believe she was willing to leave so early from the house..."

"Sure." Leopold replied, smiling. He walked toward the door with his company and turned around before walking out. "I'll be sure to write soon! Take care!"

*****************

A few days after leaving the Stratus residence, Leopold and his friends arrived back at Academy Five. After a few weeks of absence, the place still looked the same and the feel of intrigue Leopold got when he had first come to this school was still in the midst. "It sure is a strange place for being called a Heroes School."

"Well you three should head to your classes about now." Leopold said as he turned to his friends. "I probably need to head to mine as well. I'll see you later!"

"Kay!" Mikayla said, waving as Leopold walked away. She would now be away from him with Lucas and Ivory which made Leopold a bit sad. He'd just gotten see her again and now she was already leaving him?

"No time for that..." Leopold mumbled to himself. "I need to get to class..." He walked into the opening courtyard of the academy and walked around students who were talking amongst one another. It seemed quaint for a moment, until some of them unfortunately...

Noticed him walking about...

"Oh my goodness! It's Sir Leopold!" a girl yelled as she and someone else ran over to him.

"He's back? I need to talk to him!" another exclaimed as she to came over to the scene.

One by one, girls crowded Leopold's space and trapped him. "It hasn't even been thirty seconds yet!"  Leopold, who could do nothing to avoid what some would call "fans" was cornered and watched as girls screamed for him to notice them. "This is the reason I don't like getting attention... Don't these women have something to do? Maybe go get some makeup put on to keep reality from my eyes?"