Chapter 11: Testing Your Knowledge

Leopold sat with the kids in chairs located in an open field near the campus of Academy Four. After what felt like a forever of waiting for teachers to arrive, it was finally time to begin the second event of their tournament versus Academy Four.

"I thought we would never start..." Leopold grumbled.

"Well they are, so be quiet for once!" the voice exclaimed.

"Alright, students!" the principal of Academy Four, Leon Van Bastron, called to the kids waiting in suspense. "We are now ready to start the second event of your time in this tournament... A quiz on your knowledge of the heroes!"

The kids groaned in annoyance as the event for round two was announced. Kids hated school, so the idea of combat and fun was usually more fond than that of studying and knowledge. But who could blame them? Kids were kids after all.

"Can't we just fight again?" one of the students from Academy Four asked. "This is going to be a drag..."

"I agree!" Cinder joined in. "Testing your battle knowledge against enemies has to be more crucial than your everyday knowledge on the heroes, right? We already know all of that..."

The principal raised an eyebrow and smiled. "Well if that is the case, then you must be confident on your win. Knowing your foundation is a key item in defeating someone, but we my guest and try to win this scuffle."

Leopold looked at the principal. "He's implying something here. Most students would think that your basic combat skills would be all you need to defeat someone, even if they are the King of Chaos. However, if you don't know the history of battle and your enemies strengths and weaknesses, then failure is sure to rise..."

"How do you know this? Are you smarter than you let on, Leo?"

"Maybe..."

"So, let the quiz begin!" The principal set his hands to the ground and up from the ground arose a platform with two podiums seated upon them. "Creation magic! Quizzical Debate!"  The students watched in awe as the stadium arose up from the ground to make its appearance. 

"Woah..." they breathed.

"Let's have the first two people come up!" the principal said. "First we will have Charlotte Stratus  VS Jason Rose!"

"Go, Charlotte!" Leopold exclaimed from the crowd.

"You're rooting against us?" Cinder asked from behind him, a frown across her face.

"Sure! She is my sister!" Leopold was then given a smack across the face as Cinder walked off looking disappointed. "Rude..."

"Then let's get the first question!" the principal exclaimed. "And just so nobody from Academy Five is worried, we had your supervisor make some questions to keep the challenge fair. He will present first." The principal stepped aside as Mr. Kempt stepped forward to look at Charlotte and Jason who were placed behind their podiums.

"Alright..." he groaned in annoyance. "First question. What was the name of the first King of Chaos who tried to take over Vera?"

"I don't know..." Charlotte mumbled.

"It was Lucifer." Jason answered, confidently. "Lucifer, a former Angel turned Demon, gathered followers and attacked Vera only to be defeated by God and killed while his followers descended  were sent down to the Underworld for the rest of eternity except for the dragons who have recently returned to make peace with those on the surface."

"Correct..."

"Dang it!" Charlotte grumbled as he walked off. "I need to study more..."

"You did great, Char! You'll win next time!" Leopold encouraged.