Chapter 10: The Being in The Shadows

Leopold yawned as he sat in an open field some distance from Academy Four along with all the other representatives from both schools. The second event was soon to begin and honestly he was SO INCREDIBLY BORED! Couldn't they just start already? It felt like a whole day that had been doing absolutely nothing!

"I won't be much use anyway. Can't I just go home?" Leopold asked himself.

"I don't think that anyone would be very happy about that." the voice observed. "If you're going to have a chance to make a passing grade, then your participation is required."

"Well that sucks..." Leopold remarked in disappointment. "Then can they at least get out here so we can start! I'm so ready to take a nap!" He looked at his hands and made a small ball of fire appear. He shifted its heat amount so that it would turn into a blue flame.

"I've been meaning to ask you, Leopold, just what is that flame magic of yours? It certainly isn't like any I've seen others use... No fire should be blue."

Leopold shrugged. "Not really sure what it is. I just know that I can make my flame blue and that's." Ever since he was about nine or ten, Leopold had found himself with all sorts of weird magic...

The voice sighed. "It is official then... You sure are a strange one." The voice that resided in Leopold's conscience for around eight years now, and in that time he had found Leopold to be the peak of strange creatures...

Eight years earlier...

A being murmured as he found himself enclosed in utter darkness. Where was he? What was this place? Who exactly was he? Was he even a he?! "I don't know where I am... What is going on here?"  He felt a feeling swell through him as light started to fill his vision. A small room was surrounding him along with a small boy who sat in a chair off to the side of the room. He had a bowl of soup laid out on the table with a loaf of bread beside it. "Who is he? Maybe I should talk to him?"

The being came over to the boy and cleared his throat. "Ahem! Hello there! I would really like your help, boy?" No answer came from the boy as the being was ignored. "Rude... Hey! Can you hear me?!" Still, no response... The being moved back and thought to himself. Could the boy not hear his cries for help? Was he deaf or something? Maybe that was the case...

"Hey, Leo!" a voice called from the entrance of the house. "I'm back with some more clothes for you! Go to your room and try them on, son!"

The boy perked up and smiled at the sound of the voice. "Alright, father!"

The being frowned and sighed. "So, you are flat out ignoring me then... What is going on here? Maybe the father can hear me..." But when he went to the sound of the man, no answer came from him either when help was asked from the being. The being shuddered and looked at himself. "Well, the boy couldn't hear me. The father couldn't hear me either. Even the maid I tried to talk to hear noting from me! And this..."

"