Chapter 14: Ensuing Rage

Walking through the courtyards of Academy five, Leopold and Zion were talking about the final event. It was just on the horizon for the schools as students began to get ready. Ever since the second event though, the events have been... less than impressive. Still, the last one had to be decent, right?

Leopold yawned and looked at Zion. "So... What do you plan to do after the term anyway? Heading away with Amy again, lover-boy?"

Zion laughed. "Nah. Amy said that she's going with Cinder somewhere, so I'm going to probably go and see my grandparents."

"Who are your grandparents?" Leopold asked.

"Oh! Did I not tell you? They're Archangel Michael and Angel Lumenia."

The two boys stood in silence...

"Pardon? Can you repeat that?" Leopold asked, making sure that he had heard Zion right. Of course Zion was an angel... But Michael was the leader of ALL of the angels! 

"I said that Michael is my father and my mother is named Lumenia." Zion repeated.

"And that makes you a prince..." Leopold observed in shock. "S-Should I bow? I've been calling you such informal names this whole time!" He quickly bowed. "Please don't kill me, your highness! Spare me and my family!"

Zion sighed. "This is usually why I avoid the subject..."

"S-Sorry... It's just a bit of a surprise is all..." Leopold mumbled, straightening back up. "Well... What should we do now?" They had some more time until the event began, so there had to be something for them to do... Right?

As the two boys thought, a girl ran through the courtyard. It was... Breeze!? 

"Leo!" she cried in a worrisome voice. "You need to come quick?"

 "Why? What happened?" Leopold asked as the two boys listened in closer. 

"It's Miss Charlotte and Ceil! They've been injured!"

*******************

Leopold and Zion soon followed Breeze hastily toward the infirmary where the two injured girls were said to have been taken. Apparently, they were found only a bit sooner than Leopold and Zion were notified. They had bleeding heads as well as Charlotte who had one of her eyes taken out.

"What happened!? Were they attacked? Are Char and Miss Ceil going to be alright?"  These worried thoughts clouded Leopold's mind the whole time before he was able to see them.

"It will be alright, Leo." Zion assured. "I'm sure that the doctors here will be able to help her."

"And what if they can't help them!? What then!? Do I lose a friend AND my own sister?" Leopold questioned, angrily. "If I find out who did this, I'll kill them!"

"You don't even know if they were attacked. Calm down for a moment!" Zion pressed. "What if it was an accident and they just passed out, getting injured in the process..." Leopold knew that his friend was trying to help, but it was no use in this present state they found themselves trapped in.

"Then why was Char's eye taken out?" Leopold growled. "They had to have been attacked..."

Suddenly, one of the female nurses walked out of the infirmary room to look at the two boys. She nodded. "You two may come in. Miss Charlotte is still unconscious, but the other one is awake." She frowned. "Just warning you... It isn't great..."

Leopold and Zion nodded back and stood up from the bench they had been sitting on just outside the room. They quickly walked in to the infirmary and starred at the girl in unbelief. Ceil was awake, but had bandages covering her arms and head, some of the only places that hadn't already been turned to metal from her injuries when she was younger. And Charlotte was...

"She doesn't look as bad as I imagined, but still..." Leopold observed. She had bandages over her forehead as well as most of her body. There was a scar under her right eye and she wore an expression of struggle. "Char..."

"It will be alright, Leo." Zion assured from beside him. "She isn't going to die from what I'm seeing, so be grateful for that." He looked down at the ground. "Trust me, you won't have to worry about that yet..."

"Zion is right." Ceil agreed from a bed over. "She wasn't fatally injured, but may loose an eye. Other than that, your sister will be fine." She reached her hand over and pet the head of the unconscious girl.

" She reached her hand over and pet the head of the unconscious girl

Leopold sighed in relief. "Dad can fix Char's eyes like he did with mine, so that will be alright. Still, why would someone do this in the first place?"  It was strange to hurt girls as nice as Char and Ceil, so something more had to be going on.

He looked over at Ceil. "So, what exactly happened to the two of you?"

Ceil frowned. "You may want to sit down on the chair to listen. This could take a while..."

Leopold nodded. "I need to know."

So, Ceil nodded and told both of the boys the story they were eager to hear. Apparently, Ceil had gone to meet Charlotte and talk with her for a while. After a while, they heard a noise coming from not to far off. Wanting to check the noise out, the two girls walked over and watched the scene that was playing out. And...

"We found that the student council of Academy Four was beating up one of their own members who I think was named Sol." Ceil explained, looking shaken. "And then as we were trying to leave... Someone hit Charlotte from behind and took out her eye. I was knocked out soon after..."

Leopold nodded. "Probably to quiet you if you decided to tell someone..."

"But why leave you then?" Zion asked.

Ceil frowned. "That's what I was wondering... Maybe it was more to send a message that they could do worse to us." She closed her eyes. "Leopold, Im sorry that I couldn't save your sister..."

"It's alright, Ceil!" Leopold assured, standing up in a panic. "You didn't hurt her! And besides, you were injured alongside Char." He frowned.

"Besides, if my hunch is right then there would be no need to ever be mad at Ceil..."

"If your sure..."

As the three of the kids talked, two others barged into the room in worry. The first was Miss Cinder who looked furious and the other was Mikayla who wore a worried expression.

"Ceil!" Cinder cried. "You're injured! What happened? Who do I have to kill?"

"It's alright, Cindy." Ceil assured, smiling. "I'm awake, aren't I? I'll survive."

"I still need to kill someone..." Cinder mumbled. She looked over at Charlotte, Leopold, Zion. "That looks bad... What should we do now?"

"Wait." Leopold breathed, quietly. He look a deep breath. "It isn't safe for us to jump in head first like usual. The guy we're up against is smart..." Even though Leopold wanted to put the bastard six feet under, it was much better to play carefully for now and see what happened.

"If you're sure..." Cinder sighed and sat down on a nearby waiting chair.

"I am." Leopold confidently confirmed. "And trust me when I say that the bastard will pay for this mistake. Nobody hurts my sister and gets away with it! Not again..."