Chapter 9: This Present Time

Leopold woke up in a cold sweat. His heart was beating incredibly fast and his pulse was going crazy! He wiped his forehead slowly and slowed his breathing. "W-What exactly was that? So strange..."  He stretched his arms and pulled the sheets off of his lap. Looking to his side, he saw Zion who was sleeping in a bed off to the side. "Guess he's still asleep... No telling him about my dream then."

Leopold began the morning by brushing up his look. He combed his hair, brushed his teeth, and put on his uniform to get ready for classes. Academy 4 had sectioned off some classes in the school for the students to study in while they were here and today would be the first day that they actually used those classes.

"You seem nervous, Leo." the voice observed. "Doing alright?"

"Yeah..."  he answered. "That dream I had was just kind of strange... Wonder where I would even get the idea do have one like that..."  He laughed and walked back to his bed to grab his books. "I think I'm going to take a walk before class starts..."

"That might be a good idea."

Leopold nodded and headed out the door of the dorm room. He looked down the halls and found that it was very quiet at that moment. "Probably due to the fact that nobody is up yet... Makes everything so peaceful!"

He headed down the halls and came down to the outdoor courtyard that held tables for the students to sit at. He picked one and sat down with a loud yawn. "Wonder what classes will be about..."

"Maybe some math?" the voice suggested. "You really need to learn something considering that your so dull..."

"That hurts... I'm not that dull!" Leopold protested. "And anyway, it's not like I'll need math when facing monsters!"

"Famous last words..."

Leopold sighed and laid his head on the table. "Well whatever the case, I'm going to be to lost in thought to pay attention anyway! Curse my stupid dream..."

"So now we're going to blame your dream?"

"It isn't blame! It's profound facts!" Leopold exclaimed.

"And who are you talking to exactly?" Leopold turned around after hearing a voice come from behind him. A girl he was very familiar with was standing behind him with a frown that could frighten anyone she game in contact with. An absolute devil of a woman in Leopold's opinion... "Are you going crazy now, idiot?"

"No. And please don't call me idiot..." Leopold said in annoyance. "So, just what did the first Princess of Kushida want with me anyway?" There had to be some reason that Cinder had found him all the way out here, right?

She gritted her teeth and sat down next to him. "Just observing is all... You seemed like you were talking with someone and it interested me is all."

Leopold laughed nervously. It really as a nuisance now that she had found that part out... All Leopold was doing was pretty much talking aloud, but that did raise some suspicion... "My bad..."

"Guess that you'll just have to think instead of talking aloud, Leo."

Leopold sighed. "No. I was just talking to myself about a dream I had last night. By the way, just what are you doing up so early anyway? Isn't getting up so early bad for your precious skin?"

Cinder slapped him in the face and scoffed. "You know that I don't care about petty things like that!" She frowned and turned her head away from him,

Leopold put his hand to his face and laughed. "Sorry." He'd always thought that Cinder was kind of different when compared to other girls, but who knew that she'd be so damned weird. Strange world...