Chapter 15: Showdown Pt. 1

When the time of the final event came, the students of Academy Five and Four gathered in the colosseum located on Academy Four's school grounds. With the anticipation that filled the air and the growing number of spectators that filled the viewing seats, the reputation of both schools was on the line. This was where one of them proved their students skills while the other wallowed in their unfortunate lack of the former.

"And where I get my revenge!"  Leopold thought in bitterness. His close acquaintance of Academy Five, Ceil, as well as his own sister were both injured just before the start of the final event. The culprit was none other than the student council president of Academy Five as well as Charlotte's superior.

"You sure about this, Leo?" the voice asked, questioning Leopold's intentions. "What is revenge going to do for you now? Your sister is still injured."

"Yes. However, revenge should show that shithead not to mess with me or my sister."  It was only logical for Leopold to get revenge. If this happened again while Leopold wasn't around, he'd never forgive not stopping it sooner.

"If your sure... I could probably help you if you want."

"How?"  Leopold asked in curiosity. The voice could only speak to Leopold through his thoughts, so how was he supposed to do much more?

The voice sighed. "Well, while you've been throwing a tantrum over your sister's injury, I've been studying ways to help you out a bit more. Advice just isn't cutting it anymore and I'd also like to know how I was able to take over your mind during the second event."

Leopold clicked his tongue. "I forgot about that... Did you figure something out?"

"Indeed. I won't exactly tell you what, but I will help you even still when the appropriate time comes." The voice laughed. "It's sure to be interesting!"

"If you say so..."

********************

"Welcome to the final event!" the principal welcomed some time later. "I thank all who showed to watched the future of Vera here in Academy Four's colosseum. The final event will be 1 vs 1 showdowns! The students from each school should decide now the order 8th which each of them fights the other."  He then took a short deep breath. "The rules are simple." He used his "display magic" to cast something above him.

"I see..." Leopold observed. "Makes enough sense."

RULES FOR FINAL EVENT

1: 1 VS 1 Battles Between students

2: Each school makes lineup for who fights when

3: The winner fights the other schools next opponent

4: Ends when one school looses all fighters

5: Those who are injured will be taken to infirmary immediately

6: No one allowed to intervene in fight besides referee

7: Spells that could cause potential death prohibited. Use only low power magic

Of course there would be certain conditions for a fight like this one. It would be bad if the students just went wild and caused mayhem for everyone around them. Still, the referee...

"That referee is an Academy Four teacher..." Cinder breathed from the right of Leopold. "They may be rigging all of this..." She gritted her teeth. "If they are, I'll kill them all."