Bonus Chapter 2

Don't forget to vote & comment!

"Forget the past, but remember the present"

- unknown

Diamanté's POV

(surprise 😉)

I can't believe that I actually agreed to this.

Just the thought of seeing that woman after all this time didn't sit right with me. It made me want to vomit. But... I had to do this for my sisters.

Angelo insisted on driving us there, and so I was sitting in the back with Hailey who looked excited.

"It's been a while since I was last able to visit mom, so thank you for doing this. We know this isn't easy for you" She spoke out while admiring the buildings we passed along the way.

I eyed her for a brief moment before looking back at my phone, many thoughts going through my mind.

I remembered back to the conversation I had with my mom, the woman who raised me.

María Rodríguez.

She is a woman who I will always admire... I owe her my life. My life could have been far worse if it weren't for the sacrifices she made for me.

That day Nina and Willow first tried to convince me to visit mom, I was pissed.

Not at them, but at the thought of finally meeting the woman who abandoned me. The woman who didn't give me a name.

As sick as it may sound, there was a point in my life where I said I would kill Grace. But now that I've been able to spend time with both Nina and Hailey... things have changed.

I don't feel that urge to make her suffer like I did anymore. But I also don't see myself building a relationship with her.

I don't want for my sisters to hate me.

For once in my life, I considered the feelings of others rather than just thinking about myself.

All of this was new for me.

Many would say it's me becoming soft or weak, but my mom says it's progress.

Even she wishes for me to meet Grace, something I will never be able to understand.

'At least listen to her story, my sweet boy' She said to me that day.

And so... after a lot of thinking, I've decided it would be best to get it done. I'll hear what she has to say before cutting all ties with her.

There was no need to hope for a relationship with her, she didn't want me after all. Whether she was still in school or not, she chose to give me away. So why should I care?

Plus I already had a mother in my life.

After a while, we made it to the rehabilitation center and were currently heading to the front area.

As we made it inside the lobby, I then took off the hat and shades I had on, ignoring the strange look from Angelo.

"Where's the director?" I asked the lady up front, noticing the look of fear in her eyes.