48

This chapter is honestly just for laughs and giggles I guess, so I apologize if it sucks.

Don't forget to vote & comment!

"And I fell for you, like raindrops"

- unknown

Nina's POV

I knocked on the door before walking in after hearing him give me the okay. He looked up from his computer and smiled as I neared his desk.

"It's good to see you again Nina. I was a bit shocked when you texted me, I was certain it had been one of the Bianchi brothers trying to set me up" He chuckled before leaning forward, gesturing for me to have a seat.

I then sat on the chair that was right in front of his desk, feeling a bit nervous due to the two guards practically staring me down.

As if sensing how uncomfortable I was, Diamanté snapped his fingers and the two quickly left without a single word.

"It's been a little over a week since we last talked... I was expecting you to be a bit more stubborn. Let me guess, you finally spoke with Grace?" He then asked, but I could tell that he already knew just from looking at his facial expression.

I nodded my head, "Yeah... I did"

He chuckled before sitting back in his seat, clearly amused by the current situation.

"What did you say to her? I want to know all that went down" He said. I couldn't help but roll my eyes before crossing my legs.

"We talked and then I did what you told me. I asked what happened to the child she had back in high school" I replied before sighing out in exhaustion.

"She looked shocked... she was silent for a while before she suddenly broke down, asking me what did I know... why was I asking her about it. I couldn't really understand what she was saying after that and that's when a few of the workers came in and had me leave. I did ask her what your name was, and she didn't know" I explained.

For a split second, there was no expression on his face. It kind of scared me. But it vanished just as quickly as it appeared.

After that day with my mom, I had come to terms that everything he told me was true. My mom had a child before me, she had a son... and it was Diamanté.

I wanted to go back and ask her more about it. I wanted to know why she had been keeping something as big as this from us. Was she ever going to tell us?

"That's because she didn't name me" He soon replied back in a dry tone, interrupting my thoughts.

"What?" I asked in confusion. I watched as he went through one of the drawers before handing me pictures. They were of mom when she was younger, and she was holding a baby.

"Like I said before, Grace was keeping her pregnancy with me a secret. When she finally gave birth, she had already made up her mind that she wasn't going to keep me. I assume because of the fact that Ryan didn't want children, or because she was still in school... maybe it was both. He was locked up at the time, so he wasn't aware.

But on the day I was born, she didn't want to name me. She left that task for whoever wanted to adopt me, and left me behind. I was soon adopted by a couple from Argentina. The Rodríguez family who named me. My name is Diamanté Rodríguez" He explained before clearing his throat.

"It wasn't until I was old enough to move out when I found out about my blood relatives. They gave me the option learn about all of you, but I was afraid. I was afraid of being unwanted... but I somehow pushed through. When I learned that I had two sisters, I was pissed off. A part of me wanted to ruin both of your lives because you had what I didn't. You had a mother who gave birth to you and kept you without a second thought. She named the two of you, while I wasn't even spared a second glance" He added. I felt as I began to get emotional from his story.