45

Don't forget to vote!

"Everyone has a chapter they don't read out loud."

- unknown

Nina's POV

"That was fun! Let's do it again" Our cousin, Lyric exclaimed as we all got out the water. A small groan came from Hailey who did not look pleased.

I couldn't help but laugh when Willow agreed just to spite her, "You all better sleep with one eye open tonight" I heard my sister mutter underneath her breath.

I'm sure she was just joking...

Hailey was also afraid of heights, and so it already took us forever to convince her to go on one of the tall waterslides this park had... and Lyric wants to do it again.

I was oddly fine with it though.

"Come on Hailey, I'll even hold your hand if you need me to" Lyric's brother, Kaiden teased.

"We should try that one out. I heard it's even better than the last" Lyric added, pointing at the tallest waterslide that had a heck of a line. It also happened to be the most popular as well. Just looking at it was starting to give me a severe headache.

By this point, Hailey looked as if she was going to murder everyone in her sights.

"Now when I throw up that hotdog I ate, I don't want to hear shit from any of you" She stated before heading back towards the waterslide, us all now cheering her on.

The five of us had decided to go to the water park that wasn't too far from their house. Aunt Shannon insisted that we go have fun without her, saying it would be a good time for us to bond.

Since Hailey came down here to visit with dad during the holidays, she was already quite familiar with Lyric and Kaiden. But the last time I seen them was when they were practically babies.

When we finally made it to the top, I had to take a few deep breaths after seeing how high up we were. After getting on the rides at the amusement park that day, my fear of heights had slightly improved. Thanks to their help, I can now swim with ease.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around to see that it was Willow, "You alright?" She asked, knowing about my fear of heights.

I smiled before nodding my head, "Yeah, I'll be alright" I replied as we were finally at the front of the line.

Kaiden insisted on being the first to go down the slide, while Lyric wanted to go after him.

"Those two don't fear anything" I heard Willow mutter out in disbelief.

"Nina?" Someone called out as Lyric went down the slide.

I looked to my side to see someone I hadn't seen it a while. What was he doing here?

Based on what he was wearing, he was one of the lifeguards.

Just as I was about to say something Willow stepped in front of me, a hand on her hip. "Well if it isn't Bryson... since when have you started working here?" She asked, the tone of her voice making it obvious that she wasn't pleased to see him. Hailey noticed the intense atmosphere and decided to go down the slide.

"Willow... you're here as well. It's nice to see you again" He replied, followed behind a nervous laugh. He looked different than the last time I saw him.

His once curly hair was cut short, he looked as if he had been going to the gym, and his skin was a bit darker. Probably from being out here in the sun for so long.