"Navigating trauma with love"

Vaidehi's POV,

I stepped into the room, expecting to find Ansh, but it was empty. Moving towards the balcony, I scanned the area, but he wasn't there either. As I approached the washroom, the sound of running water greeted me. He must be in there, freshening up. I resolved to give him the space he needed and settled onto the couch, patiently waiting for him. Today had been a monumental day for him, one that undoubtedly weighed heavily on his mind. To rid himself of nine years' worth of guilt in an instant must have been an overwhelming realization. For nearly a decade, he had carried the burden of self-blame, only to discover now that he was never responsible in the first place. Despite the weight of his past burdens, he welcomed me into his life with open arms and loved me in a way I had never experienced before. Now, it's my turn to reciprocate that love and ensure he feels cherished every single day. I am committed to treating him like the prince he is, the shining star that brightens my life. He deserves nothing less than the utmost adoration and respect, and I will make it my mission to give him exactly that. As I contemplated the chaos of the day, I glanced at the clock. It had been over 30 minutes since he had disappeared into the bathroom, and the sound of running water persisted. Typically, his showers lasted only 10 to 15 minutes. Concerned, I approached the bathroom door, knocked gently, and inquired.

Vaidehi: "Ansh aap thik hai na??"
(Are you ok?)

His lack of response and the partially open door alarmed me. Pushing it open gently, I peered inside, and what I saw sent a chill down my spine. There sat my Ansh, huddled under the running water, shivering, lost in his own world. Even through the cascade of water, I could see tears streaming down his face. Without hesitation, I hurried to his side and turned off the shower.

Vaidehi: "Ansh ye kya kiya aapne, bimaar pad jayenge uthiye."
(Ansh, what have you done? You'll get sick if you don't get up.)

With gentle urgency, I attempted to coax him out, but he remained unresponsive, lost in the depths of his sorrow. Finally, I settled in front of him, cupping his face in my hands and lifting his gaze to meet mine. As I wiped away his tears, my own eyes welled up with emotion. This sight of my husband, so vulnerable and distraught, was heart-wrenching. I made a silent vow in that moment to shield him from such pain in the future, to be his unwavering source of strength and solace.

Vaidehi: "Ansh, please get up and change ye kya kar liya hai aapne."
(What have you done?)

Not a single word escaped Ansh's lips as he enveloped me in a tight embrace, as if his very existence hung on the thread of that hug. I reciprocated, wrapping my arms around him, gently rubbing his back in soothing circles. The dampness of his tears seeped through my clothes, mingling with the warmth of our embrace. His quiet sobs echoed softly, a testament to the depth of emotion he held within.

Viyansh: "I... I'm so...sorry biwi"

I found it puzzling why Ansh was apologizing to me, but at the moment, his health takes precedence.

Vaidehi: "We'll talk later, Ansh. Please get up and change your clothes."

He embraced me even tighter, and I could sense that there's something else on his mind that I need to unravel.

Vaidehi: "Please Ansh, for me please."

As his grip on me weakened, I rose to my feet, extending a hand to assist him in getting up as well. Hastily, I retrieved his clothes from the closet and handed them to him, ensuring he had what he needed. Exiting the bathroom, I swiftly changed in the confines of the closet, a sense of urgency guiding my movements. Seated on the bed, I patiently awaited Ansh's emergence. Eventually, he emerged, though his gaze avoided mine. Without acknowledging me, he made his way to his side of the bed and settled down, his back turned away from me in silent communication of his inner turmoil.