twenty-six

note: Updates from here on out might get a little bit all over the place. tomorrow I get to take my sweet little bubba home to her crazy sisters so life is going to get a whole lot busier from here. I have a few chapters pre-written and I intend to still write as much as I can when we've settled in but I'll hope you stick with it.  

'Hey, love... Are you busy or do you have some time to talk? Nothing important. I just wanted to hear your voice.' Leah asks as she leans against the wall outside the canteen.

'Hey, bubs. I've got time, you know I'm never too busy for you. What's going on? Are you okay?' Courtney asks causing Leah to smile.

'I'm okay. I just- I don't know. I feel a bit stressed and anxious.' Leah replies.

'Okay. What's making you feel like that? Is it the game tonight?' Courtney asks causing Leah to sigh.

'I don't know. I've been fine; I just- I feel like it's came on so suddenly.' Leah replies.

'What can I do to help you?' Courtney asks softly.

'I don't know. Are you coming tonight? I know it might be a bit late for Bunny and that but I just- Are you coming?' Leah asks.

'Of course I'm coming. Bunny and I will both be there cheering you on from the sidelines.' Courtney says. Letting out a shaky breath, Leah sighs and rests her head against the wall as she closes her eyes.

'Are you gonna wear my shirt to the game? I'm pretty sure I left one at yours after the last camp.' Leah asks hearing Courtney to laugh slightly.

'Absolutely not. I don't even on a Scotland shirt, Le. My dad would kill me if I start kicking about in an England one.' Courtney replies.

'Fair point...' Leah says smiling.

'Do you wanna go on holiday in the summer? I'm not sure where but we can look and arrange something for before I potentially go away for the world cup.' Leah asks.

'Mm-hmm... Sounds like a good idea to me. I uh- I don't know if I'll be able to come watch you in the world cup, Le. I just- I can get time off work but I don't know how confident I am about flying with Bunny on my own.' Courtney admits.

'No stress honestly. I'm not expecting you to travel around the world watching me play, I know you have your own life as well.' Leah replies.

'How are you feeling now?' Courtney asks.

'Better.' Leah replies.

'Good. I'm glad.' Courtney replies.

'I love you.' Leah says softly.

'I love you too.' Courtney replies causing Leah to smile.

****

'Right what's going on with you? You're quiet, withdrawn and fidgety.' Mary says taking a seat next to the blonde who shrugs her shoulders.

'I don't know. I feel so on edge. I'm not entirely sure what's going on, could be related to my period which should be due soon or I just- I don't know. I was considering asking Sarina to bench me today.' Leah admits.

'That bad? Have you asked her yet?' Mary asks and Leah shakes her head.

'Not yet. I don't know what to do.' Leah admits.

'Why don't you speak to her before we head out to warm up and then you just see how you feel after the warm-up? If you're not feeling right or you start to feel worse even during the game then she can sub you off?' Mary suggests and Leah nods her head.