twenty-eight

'What the fuck is your problem? I get it, you're injured and that's shit but I don't understand why you've got this whole attitude with me... I'm only trying to fucking help you.' Courtney says, her voice slightly raised as she turns to face the blonde sitting on the sofa. It's been a little over a week since Leah had ruptured her acl and to say it's been difficult is an understatement. She's been snappy and abrupt and at times just downright hard to live with.

'You don't get what I'm going through at all, Courtney. You wouldn't. You say you're trying to help but you're doing the total fucking opposite. You're smothering me and I can't fucking breathe.' Leah replies and tears immediately fill Courtney's eyes.

'Smothering you? All I've done from the night that Wally brought you home is love you and try to make sure you're not in too much pain. I've put you above everything else to ensure I could look after both you and Bunny.' Courtney says.

'Yeah, well I didn't fucking ask you to did I? I didn't ask you to put your life on hold for me. I would've been better at my apartment with Wally.' Leah replies.

'Well fucking go then. I'm not forcing you to stay here if you don't want to. Get Wally to pick you up and put the keys through the letterbox... I hope your surgery goes well, Leah.' Courtney says grabbing her keys from the coffee table. She slides her feet into her trainers before making her way out of the apartment slamming the front door behind her. Leaning against the wall outside her apartment, she sighs as tears stream down her cheeks.

'Fuck...' She mumbles. Up until now their relationship has been so plain sailing so the fact that it seems to be going so badly, so quickly has thrown her.

****

'Courtney?' Lia says softly as she makes her way up the hallway to find Courtney sitting outside her apartment, back against the wall and her hands covering her face.

'What's going on, Court? I got a call from Leah. Why are you sitting outside?' Lia asks as Courtney moves into a standing position.

'I don't know what's going on with her. Well I do, I imagine it's probably the reality of the injury setting in but she's being so fucking rude, Wally. She said I'm smothering her and that she would've been better at hers with you... I can't do it anymore.' Courtney replies shaking her head as Lia immediately pulls her into her arms.

'She doesn't mean it, Courtney. She loves you.' Lia says softly and Courtney sighs.

'Does she though? Because I wouldn't dream of talking to someone I loved the way she's spoke to me this week.' Courtney replies.

'I still don't understand why you were sitting on the floor...' Lia says.

'I-Uh. Well I was leaving but I couldn't just leave her there herself. What if she fell or something?' Courtney replies.

'Go do what you need to do and I'll talk to her.' Lia says wiping the brunette's cheeks.

'Don't try to force her to stay, Wally... If she wants to go back to her apartment just pop my keys through the door.' Courtney replies and Lia nods her head.

'Whatever happens, just remember she does love you, Courtney. She's just struggling just now.' Lia says and Courtney sighs

'I'm not coming to the game tonight I just- I don't think it's a good idea... Look after her for me, Wally.' Courtney says and Lia nods her head.

'Of course I will.' Lia replies. Moving away from the Swiss-midfielder, Courtney sighs and smiles sadly at her before making her way towards the elevator.

****

'What's going on with you, Leah? Why are you pushing Courtney away?' Lia asks as she sits down next to the blonde.