twenty-one

note: there's a rather large chance that there won't be any updates over the weekend so have a double update today instead. Just also want to say thank you for the votes and the comments, they really do encourage me to continue getting that chapters out as quickly as possible.

'My mum said she's just over by the entrance.' Leah says smiling as she watches Courtney strap Bunny into her pram.

'Okay... Why am I so nervous? Were you this nervous meeting my dad?' Courtney asks causing Leah to laugh.

'Absolutely fucking terrified, love... I just clearly hid it a lot better than you are.' Leah replies smiling.

'She's gonna love you, babe... How could she not? You're amazing.' Leah says softly as she links her fingers through the brunette's and pulls her into her side.

'I just- I know how close you are to her and I want her to like me.' Courtney admits as Leah presses a kiss against the side of her head.

'And she will, I promise.' Leah replies smiling and Courtney sighs.

'Right let's go before I get back into the car and drive away.' Courtney says causing Leah to laugh. Together they make their way towards the zoo entrance, their hands intertwined while Courtney uses her free hand to push the pram.

'That's her.' Leah says smiling as she waves towards the redhead causing Courtney to take a deep breath.

'Hey, mum.' Leah says as she instantly embraces her mum.

'Hey, bubba... Good to see you.' Amanda replies smiling as she returns the hug before pulling back and turning her attention to Courtney.

'You must be the wonderful Courtney I've heard so much about... It's lovely to finally meet you.' Amanda says.

'It's lovely to meet you as well, Mrs Williamson.' Courtney replies.

'Oh please call me Amanda, sweetheart... How are you doing? How are you finding London?' Amanda asks wrapping her arms around Courtney and causing Leah to smile as she watches the brunette immediately begin to relax.

'London is great, although I very much underestimated how lonely it could've been had I not met your daughter.' Courtney replies smiling at Leah over Amanda's shoulder.

'And I'm assuming this must be your sweet little one?' Amanda says gesturing to the pram as they separate.

'Mm-hmm... This is Bunny. Bunny, can you say hiya?' Courtney asks smiling down at the little girl who immediately buries her face in her hands.

'Oh bless her.' Amanda says softly.

****

'What is that, Bunny? Is that a gorilla? They're big, aren't they?' Leah says smiling as she bends down in front of the glass and steadies Bunny as the little girl stands in between her knees.

'She's so comfortable with her.' Amanda says softly as she glances at Courtney who smiles and nods her head.

'Mm... Bunny adores her. Honestly sometimes she leans towards Le before she'll come to me. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen.' Courtney replies.

'Leah has always been good with kids. She's always had such a motherly instinct when it comes to the little ones... You two mean a lot to her, I hope you know that. As a mum you tend to know when things are going on with your kids, even before they tell you, and I've seen such a change in Leah since she met you... She's been bubbly and more positive about life lately. She was in a rough place till you came along, Courtney.' Amanda says causing Courtney to smile slightly as she glances back at the blonde.