fourteen

'I'm sorry.' Courtney says softly as she immediately wraps her arms around the blonde who shrugs her shoulders.

'We just weren't good enough today but we just need to compose ourselves and come back even stronger next week.' Leah replies shaking her head as she wraps her arms around the other woman's waist.

'Come on in... Get yourself comfy and I'll grab you a drink. What do you want? I've got water, orange juice, coke, tea.' Courtney asks as she presses a kiss to the side of the blonde's head.

'Coke is fine.' Leah replies and Courtney nods her head. She closes the front door behind the blonde before making her way through to the living room where she sees Bunny immediately crawl towards the blonde.

'Hey, sweetpea...' Leah says softly as she bends down and lifts the little girl into her arms.

'Oh my goodness, is that right? Have you had such a busy day with your mummy? What have you been up to?' Leah asks smiling slightly as the little girl babbles in her arms.

'Wow... You have had a busy day, haven't you?' Leah says smiling.

'Here you go, love.' Courtney says softly as she makes her way back into the living room with two cans of coke. Smiling, Leah takes the juice from her and places Bunny back down on the floor to play with her toys before sitting down on the sofa.

'Have you eaten? Bunny and I had pasta but we've got some leftover I could heat up for you?' Courtney offers causing the blonde to shake her head.

'We had pizza after the match... Ugh my head is pounding.' Leah moans as she places the can of juice on the table and gently rubs her temples.

'Why don't you go through to my bed and have a lie down?' Courtney suggests.

'No, I haven't come to see you just to go to sleep in your bed.' Leah says shaking her head as Courtney drapes her arm around the blonde's shoulders and pulls her into her side.

'You've had a stressful day. You're clearly tired and you've got a sore head. Take some paracetamol and go for a lie down, Lele. I'll still be here when you wake up.' Courtney says watching a small smile appear on the blonde's face.

'Lele?' Leah asks softly.

'I like it... If you don't then I'll stick to Le.' Courtney replies and the blonde shakes her head.

'No, I like it.' Leah admits smiling.

'Good... Now go get yourself a lie down. There are clothes in my drawers if you need something to change into.' Courtney says.

'Mm... Okay.' Leah replies quietly. Leaning up, she softly presses her lips against the brunette and smiles as she feels Courtney's fingers brush gently against the skin of her lower back.

'Go sleep.' Courtney says pulling away from the blonde.

'See you in a bit.' Leah replies smiling.

****

'I'm getting up... I'm getting up.' Leah mumbles sleepily as she feels the covers move and the bed dips beside her. Running her hands over her face, she groans as she attempts to adjust to the darkness which is filling the room.

'You don't need to get up, Le. I've just put Bunny down for the night so I was just coming to lie down with you.' Courtney replies smiling as Leah rolls over to face her.

'What time is it?' Leah asks quietly.

'A little after half 7.' Courtney replies.

'I'm sorry...' Leah says quietly.

'What have you got to be sorry for, Le?' Courtney asks.

'I was away at camp and obviously didn't get to see you then I've been distracted trying to make sure Wally is okay... The one night we properly get to spend some time together and I've come to your place and just gone straight to sleep in your bed.' Leah replies.

'I was the one that told you to go to sleep, Lele... You were clearly tired; you've had a stressful day. We've got all of tomorrow to spend together, don't we? For now I'm quite content to just lie here with you.' Courtney says softly as she wraps her arms around the blonde and pulls her into her side.

'Are we still on for Tuesday?' Leah asks as she cuddles into Courtney's side, her right leg thrown carefully over the brunette's leg as her head rests on her chest.

'Of course... I'm looking forward to it.' Courtney replies.

'Mm... So am I. I can't wait to finally be able to wine and dine you.' Leah says smiling.

'Oh I'm getting wined and dined, am I?' Courtney asks and the blonde nods her head.

'The whole shebang. You deserve to be absolutely spoiled.' Leah replies feeling Courtney press her lips against the top of her head.

'Right get some more sleep.' Courtney says softly.

****.

'Lele... What's going on?' Courtney asks softly as she makes her way over to the bathroom door where the faint sound of the blonde's muffled sobs is coming from.

'I'm okay.' Leah mumbles.

'You don't sound okay. Can I come in? What's going on?' Courtney asks. She hears the blonde shuffling slightly before the bathroom door opens to reveal the blonde slightly hunched over and clutching her stomach.

'What's going on?' Courtney asks.

'I think I need to go home.' Leah replies.

'You can't go home like this, Le. You're clearly in pain and it's what? 3am.' Courtney says shaking her head.

'I've uh- I've come on my period and I don't have any of my stuff here, Court.' Leah replies watching as Courtney immediately realises what's going on.

'Oh, Lele... What do you need? Pads? Tampons?' Courtney asks.

'I've got them in my training bag in the car... I just- It feels like a bad one this month and I don't have any of my usual pain relief things like my heat pads.' Leah replies.

'Why don't I run down to your car and grab your training bag? I have a hot water bottle I can make up for you... If you really want to go home I can phone you a taxi but I don't think you should be driving like this.' Courtney says.

'I uh- I need a change of clothes.' Leah admits and Courtney nods her head.

'That's fine. Just you wait here. Where are your car keys?' Courtney asks.

'In my jacket pocket.' Leah replies. Nodding her head, Courtney quickly leaves the bathroom and makes her way out to the living room where she grabs the blonde's car keys. She makes her way down to the car and collects everything Leah needs before quickly making her back upstairs to the flat. She gets a comfy pair of pyjamas before making her way back to the bathroom.

'Here you go, Le... Why don't you get yourself changed and I'll go make up the hot water bottle? Even if you decide you want to go home it'll probably ease the pain while you're in the taxi?' Courtney suggests and the blonde nods her head.

****

'Do you want me to phone you a taxi?' Courtney asks softly as she makes her way into the bedroom where Leah is sitting on the edge of the bed.

'Mm-mm... If you're okay with me staying then I'll stay. I just- I'm no fun when it's this bad.' Leah admits and Courtney nods her head.

'Of course I'm okay with you staying... You don't need to be fun, just let me look after you.' Courtney says passing the blonde the hot water bottle.

'This isn't something that is supposed to happen this early in a relationship.' Leah mumbles as she clutches the hot water bottle to her stomach.

'It doesn't matter if it happens now or in six months time, Le. The outcome is always going to be the same, now hop yourself back into bed and try get some sleep.' Courtney says. She watches as the blonde slowly swings her legs into bed and pulls the covers up over her body.

'You're amazing, do you know that?' Leah asks.

'Mm... Just doing what any decent person would do.' Courtney replies smiling.