one

note: this is a little out my comfort zone, I won't lie. I've never really wrote anything like this with an original character but I hope you guys like it and it isn't awful 🙈

Taking a deep breath, she lets out a long sigh as she glances around what is supposed to eventually be her living room but at the moment resembles more of a store stock room with the way the boxes are piled up against the walls. Running her hands over her face, she shakes her head and makes her way out of the room, closing the door behind her in an attempt to forget everything she needs to do to make this house into a home.

'What's going on? I thought we were unpacking tonight?' Elenor asks watching as the brunette makes her way towards where she's standing in the kitchen.

'Fuck unpacking... I need a drink. Let's go get absolutely pissed before I need to be a responsible adult again tomorrow.' The brunette replies grabbing her bag off the counter where Elenor is leaning.

'Courtney, just wait a minute... What's going on? What's happened?' Elenor asks.

'Nothing I just- I can't face unpacking, El. How am I supposed to make this place our home when I feel so, so far from home?' Courtney says turning to face the blonde in front of her who sighs.

'Court... You know you don't have to do this, right? You can come back home. You'll make it work; we'll make it work.' Elenor says softly as she rests her hand on her best friend's shoulder.

'I can't though... I tried to make it work, I tried to just get over it but I can't so here I am. This is what I need, this is what we all need.' Courtney replies.

'I'll make you a deal... We'll go to that little pub down the road we spotted and we'll have some dinner, a few wines but then we come back and we unpack. It's gonna feel much worse if you need to do it all on your own when I head back home tomorrow.' Elenor says and the brunette nods her head.

'A few wines then we'll unpack.' Courtney confirms.

****

'Can you at least put a smile on your face and act like you want to be here? Losing Jords has been shitty but we have these three amazing new players to welcome into the fold and you're going to scare them away with your scowl.' Katie says slapping her hand on the blonde's shoulder who groans.

'I told you I wasn't in the mood to come.' Leah replies rolling her eyes.

'And I told you to suck it up... What were you going to be doing if you didn't come? Be moping in your apartment, feeling sorry for yourself because Jordy has done what's best for her and moved to get game time?' Katie asks.

'You have no idea what's really gone on, do you?' Leah says raising her eyebrows at the Irish defender.

'What do you mean? No idea about what?' Katie asks causing the blonde to shake her head as she shrugs Katie's hand off her arm.

'It doesn't matter. I'm going to the bar.' Leah replies shaking her head as she turns her back on the brunette and makes her way over to the bar, ignoring the fact that Katie is following close behind her.

'No, you don't get to say something like that and then just walk away. What's going on with you, Leah? You've not been yourself for weeks, we've all picked up on it?' Katie says softly as the blonde leans on the bar and closes her eyes.

'I don't want to talk about it... Not here, not now.' Leah replies shaking her head as the bartender makes her way over.

'What can I get you ladies?' She asks causing Leah to smile slightly.

'I'll have a gin and lemonade, whatever she's having and two shots of tequila.' Leah says glancing at Katie.

'Oh uh- Same as her.' Katie replies and the bartender nods her head. She makes herself busy making their drinks while Katie turns to face the blonde, concern clear on her face as she watches her bite her bottom lip.