twenty

Sitting on the sofa, Leah can't help but smile as Courtney sits down next to her and rests her head on her shoulder as she grabs the blonde's arm and wraps it around her as she leans back into her embrace.

'So Courtney tells me that you're a professional footballer, Leah? That must be pretty amazing?' Tom says as he runs his hand down Bunny's back as the little girl sleeps peacefully against his chest.

'Mm... I'm extremely lucky to be able to do the thing I love for a living and that's something I'll never take for granted.' Leah replies causing Tom to smile.

'It's good that you're able to do it for a living down here... In Scotland the woman's game isn't as big as it seems down here.' Tom says and Leah nods her head.

'Mm-hmm... I think winning the Euros done wonders for the woman's game down here. It really seems to have pushed us into the spotlight a bit.' Leah replies.

'That's amazing. I've been to a few of the women's games up in Glasgow, not too many but a few... I spent years trying to get Courtney into football when she was younger but she wasn't having any of it, were you?' Tom says and Courtney smiles.

'Well I guess maybe if women's football had been bigger when I was younger then I maybe would've got into it. I've enjoyed the couple of games that I've been to down here.' Courtney replies.

'Do you have a dream team to play for Leah?' Tom asks.

'It's always been Arsenal for me... From a very young age, Arsenal has been my team so unless anything was to dramatically change within the team I don't see myself leaving through choice. I've been there since I joined the academy at nine.' Leah admits causing him to smile.

'Well that's just pretty amazing, isn't it?' Tom says smiling.

'We'll arrange for you to come to a game one day, dad... One day when you're down here we'll arrange something.' Courtney says and Leah nods her head.

'Oh absolutely. I can get you guys tickets if it's something you want.' Leah replies smiling.

****

'What are you up to today?' Beth asks causing Leah to smile as she holds the phone to her ear.

'Not much. Court has just gone to take her dad to the station so I'm keeping an eye on Bunny cause she was sleeping.' Leah replies glancing at the little girl who is fast asleep on the sofa.

'Do you guys want to come over for dinner tonight? Kim, Jen and Steph are coming over. We're just going to order in some Chinese I think.' Beth asks causing the blonde to smile.

'I don't see why not... I'll need to check Court doesn't have anything planned but Bunny will need to come as well.' Leah replies.

'I don't know how many times I need to tell you that Bunny is always welcome.' Beth says causing Leah to laugh.

'I'll double check with Court but I don't see it being an issue. She shouldn't be long until she's back from the station. How are you doing, Beth? Everything okay?' Leah asks.

'Mm-hmm... We're all good, just getting on with my rehab and taking it all one day at a time.' Beth replies.

'That's good. You know I'm always here if you need to chat, right? I know that it might seem like I'm preoccupied with Court or Wally at times but I'm always here if you need me.' Leah says.

'I know, Le. I don't really know what's going on with Wally but I can tell she needs you right now. I'm good, I promise.' Beth replies.

'I'll let you know what Courtney says when she gets home, okay?' Leah says.