thirteen

note: I just want to start this by saying I have nothing against Caitlin and Katie & I have no intention of making either of them the bad guys in this story. I just wanted some tension and to show the different dynamics of the team.

'Mm... Where you going?' Courtney mumbles sleepily as she grabs hold of Leah's wrist.

'I need to go to training, babe. I didn't want to wake you.' Leah says softly.

'What time is it?' Courtney asks, her grip on the blonde's wrist loosening.

'A little before 7. Bunny is still fast asleep, I could see her on the monitor.' Leah replies as she sits down on the edge of the bed and gently moves the hair out of Courtney's face. Stretching her arms up, Courtney smiles and wraps them around the blonde's neck before pulling her down to connect their lips.

'Thank you for coming here yesterday and for bringing me beautiful flowers.' Courtney says softly.

'Nothing to thank me for.' Leah replies smiling, her hands resting on either side of the brunette's head in order to stop her from squashing her.

'What time are you at training to?' Courtney asks.

'Around 3 today I think... I'm gonna see if I can convince Lia to come out for a coffee afterwards though because she's still really not herself and I'm starting to worry about her.' Leah explains and Courtney nods her head.

'I'll speak to you later then... Have a good day.' Courtney says smiling.

'I'll message you when I get home and if you're not too busy we can facetime for a bit, yeah?' Leah asks and Courtney smiles.

'Of course.' Courtney replies.

'We can get to work planning a date.' Leah says smiling as Courtney loosens her arms allowing the blonde to push herself into a sitting position.

'Mm... I look forward to it.' Courtney replies.

'Get some sleep before Bunny wakes up. I'll pop your keys through the letter box.' Leah says and Courtney smiles.

'Have a good day.' Courtney says softly.

'You too.' Leah replies smiling.

****

'There's my girl.' Leah says softly as she immediately wraps her arms around the Swiss midfielder who immediately sighs and leans into her embrace.

'What's going on?' Leah asks and Lia shakes her head as she buries her face in the crook of Leah's neck.

'Go through to the chill room and I'll be through in a minute... No one will be in there but I just need to let Jonas know we're going to be late.' Leah says softly. She watches the other woman pull away and wipe her eyes before turning and making her way in the opposite direction than the rest of the girls who are heading to the pitches.

'Jonas...' Leah says as she makes her way over to the head coach standing by the side, ignoring the fact that Caitlin, Katie and Laura are standing a short distance away.

'Yeah, Leah?' Jonas asks.

'Wally and I need a time out... You know I wouldn't ask if it wasn't necessary.' Leah replies and Jonas nods his head.

'Is everything okay? Is Wally okay?' He asks.

'No, not really.' She replies glancing at Caitlin before turning her attention back to Jonas.

'Can I?' She asks gesturing towards the building.

'Of course... Take as long as you need.' He replies nodding his head.