twenty-two

note: this is just a shorter chapter than the rest but I hope you still enjoy it. We are building up to that dreaded 3 letter injury so just a warning about that.

'Oh my god... You are like a giddy teenager. What's going on with you?' Beth asks as she makes her way over to where Leah is lying on an exercise mat laughing with Lia.

'What do you mean? There's nothing going on with me.' Leah replies shaking her head causing Beth to raise her eyebrows.

'Can't I just be happy?' Leah asks, a smile on her face as she glances up at the blonde.

'Courtney comes home tonight.' Lia says.

'Ah that makes sense... You're proper loved up, Williamson.' Beth replies and Leah immediately covers her face with her hands as her cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

'What time does she get back at?' Beth says as she sits down next to the blonde.

'20 past 5.' Leah replies.

'Not long now then... Are you picking her up from the train station?' Beth asks glancing at her watch.

'Mm-hmm... I still have Bunny's carseat from when I dropped them off so it makes sense to just pick them up as well.' Leah replies.

'Speak of the devil...' Leah says smiling her phone begins to vibrate and Courtney's name flashes across the screen.

'Hey, love...' Leah says smiling as she accepts the call and holds the phone up to her ear.

'Hey, bubs... I've got a bit of a dilemma.' Courtney says.

'What's up?' Leah asks.

'I've been called into the office tomorrow for a meeting... Are you at training?' Courtney asks.

'Mm-hmm... I can have Bunny though if that's what you need. I can speak to Jonas and see if I can bring her with me, it'll be fine.' Leah replies.

'Are you sure, Lele? I mean I guess I could probably-' Courtney begins

'We'll sort it, love. Don't worry about it.' Leah replies smiling. They say their goodbyes and Leah hangs up the phone before placing it down on the mat beside her.

'Everything okay?' Lia asks softly.

'Court needs to go into the office tomorrow for a meeting and she's got no one to watch Bunny. I've said I'll see if Jonas minds me bringing her in with me... I can time her nap around us being on the pitch.' Leah replies.

'I'm sure it won't be an issue, Le. She can spend some time in the gym with me as well.' Beth says and Leah sighs.

'I'm gonna go speak to Jonas.' Leah says quietly.

****

'I've missed you.' Courtney says smiling as she buries her head in Leah's neck.

'We've only been apart three days.' Leah replies laughing as her hands settle on the brunette's lower back pulling her as close to possible.

'Mm... Don't care. Still missed you.' Courtney mumbles feeling Leah press her lips against her cheek.

'I missed you too. More than I could've ever imagined.' Leah says softly as she loosens her grip on the blonde and glances down at Bunny who is happily stuffing a gingerbread man into her mouth.

'And there's the sweetest one year old I ever did see... Did you have a nice birthday?' Leah says softly as she bends down in front of the pram.

'She got absolutely spoilt...' Courtney replies smiling as the little girl instantly drops her gingerbread man and reaches her hands out towards the blonde.