eleven

'Hey, you...' Leah says softly, her head resting on the pillow as she smiles at Courtney through the phone screen.

'Hey... Nice to see your training hard. I've been up since 6:40 this morning.' Courtney replies laughing as Leah uses her free hand to pull her covers further over her body.

'We've got a free morning. I've just got back from breakfast; why were you up so early anyway?' Leah asks.

'Bunny decided that it was the perfect time to projectile vomit all over her cot.' Courtney replies glancing away from the screen at what Leah assumes is the baby.

'Oh bless her... Is she alright?' Leah asks and Courtney nods her head.

'She's absolutely fine. I don't know if she just got too warm or something but she's been fine every since.' Courtney replies.

'Were you not supposed to be having your lunch with Beth today?' Leah asks and Courtney nods her head.

'I messaged her and explained, explained she's fine and her usual bubbly self so Beth is gonna come round here and we'll just order something in.' Courtney replies causing the blonde to smile.

'That'll be nice... As long as you don't start to like Beth more than you like me.' Leah says causing the brunette to laugh.

'Well I don't know about that...' Courtney replies smiling.

'I'm gonna need to go, Court... G has just come back; I'll message you after training, yeah?' Leah says as she glances towards the hotel room door where Georgia has just made her way inside followed by Keira.

'Mm-hmm... Speak later, Lele.' Courtney replies smiling.

'Have you got something to tell us?' Keira asks throwing herself down on the blonde's bed as Leah ends the call and drops her phone beside her.

'Nope, absolutely nothing.' Leah replies, a small smile on her face.

'Oh my god... Are you seeing someone?' Georgia asks sitting on the edge of the bed.

'There might be someone... I mean it's really early days and we've not made anything official or anything but I just- I really like her.' Leah admits.

'Oh my god, you're blushing... You are actually blushing, Le.' Georgia says causing Leah to cover her face with her hands.

'Tell us everything.' Keira says.

****

'Spoke to Le while she's been away?' Beth asks watching a smile appear on Courtney's face as she sits on the opposite side of the table.

'Mm... I was speaking to her this morning actually.' Courtney replies.

'Have you guys made it official then? Like are you properly seeing each other now?' Beth asks and Courtney shakes her head.

'No, we're still taking it slow. I just- I know Leah is just out of a relationship and I've been through some stuff that makes me feel a little hesitant.' Courtney admits shrugging her shoulders.

'Le's just scared... I don't know how much she's told you so I'm not going to go into detail or anything because that's not my place but her and Jordan were inseparable in the beginning.' Beth says watching as Courtney sighs.

'She would have done absolutely anything for Jordan and vice versa... She didn't tell the team they'd split because she was worried about the effect it would have on the dynamics. I think she's just scared to let herself fall again because she falls hard and she falls quick.' Beth adds.

'It's been a while since I've felt this way about someone.' Courtney admits.

'Obviously I don't know your past situations or anything but I do know Leah and I can tell you that girl will do anything to make sure she doesn't hurt anyone she cares about... I don't know if her career or her publicity is something that bothers you but she is such a private person. Even her relationship with Jordan, no one outside her friends and family knew they actually a thing. Sure there were rumours within the fans but no one had any confirmed information from them because Leah was set on making sure they had privacy.' Beth says.

'It does scare me a little.' Courtney admits.

'Not because of me, I can handle most things but because of her...' Courtney adds gesturing to the sleeping Bunny in Beth's arms.

'People can be cruel and I don't want her to experience that.' Courtney says and the blonde nods her head.

'I get that. I just- If you two do get serious I hope you know that Leah will do everything she can to protect both of you.' Beth replies.

'I know she will.' Courtney replies quietly.

****

'You alright, Le?' Ella asks as the blonde sits down next to her.

'Mm... Can I ask you something?' Leah asks glancing around the room to make sure everyone else is preoccupied with other things.

'Course.' Ella replies turning slightly to face the blonde.

'What's it like being with someone who's got a kid? I mean you've done it for a while now, haven't you?' Leah asks and Ella nods her head.

'It's different... I think it certainly is an adjustment and if it goes long-term and you're consistently in the kid's life then you end up with even more to lose if anything was to go wrong... Why the sudden interest? Are you seeing someone with a kid?' Ella asks watching a small smile appear on Leah's face.

'I uh- We're taking things slow. Nothing is official yet.' Leah replies.

'But you like her enough to do your research on how it would work?' Ella asks.

'Mm... We've been spending a lot of time together and I just- I like her a lot.' Leah replies smiling.

'You'll make the kid thing work, Le. It isn't always easy but if she's your person then it's always worth it.' Ella says watching the blonde nod her head.

'I hope so.' Leah replies softly.

****

'Hey, you... How are you?' Leah asks holding the phone to her ear.

'Don't act like you're all worried about... I know you're only trying to find out how my day with Courtney went.' Beth replies laughing.

'I am concerned about you, always... I mean finding out how you got on with Courtney is just an added extra.' Leah says.

'My god you've got it bad, ain't ya? Lunch was really good. We had a lovely time and it was nice getting to know her without you being there.' Beth replies.

'And what is that supposed to mean?' Leah asks.

'I'm kidding... We got on really well, Le. She's gonna come round to have a takeaway in a few days.' Beth replies.

'Oh that's nice.' Leah says softly.

'Honestly Le, I really like her and I think she's such a good match for you. I know you both want to take it slow and that's obviously understandable but I just want you to know that I do really like her, Le.' Beth says.

'I think I want to speak to Jords about it... I just- I want to give her the heads up before anything gets serious. I just- Is that bad? Should I not?' Leah asks.

'I don't think speaking to her will do any harm, Le. I think if anything it just shows how much you care about her because you don't want her to be blindsided.' Beth replies.

'I might see if I can talk to her nearer the end of camp... I don't want to make things awkward.' Leah says.

'I'm sure it'll be fine, Le. She'll be grateful for the heads up I think... How is camp going? Enjoying it?' Beth asks.

'Mm... Really good, Beth. I'm really enjoying it all, the training and being with the girls. You know I wasn't really enjoying it a few weeks ago.' Leah admits.

'You've got your spark back, Le.' Beth says causing Leah to smile.