32- The End Between Us

Y/N'S POV;

My eyes were glued to the ceiling. I was lying flat on my bed feeling rather tired. The only source of light was the sun setting through my window.

I let out a heavy sigh and rested the back of my hand on my forehead. I recalled the memories that happened that night. I bit my quivering lip as sobs began to fall from my lips. Tears started to roll out of my eyes.

"Y/N?!"

I heard my name get called but I didn't want to face anyone at the moment. I ran out of the house feeling my tears turn cold.

My hands clutched on the front porch railings as hard as I bit my lower lip. Continuous tears streamed down my face as my head hung low.

I tried to suppress my sobs and sniffles when I heard footsteps approaching me.

"Y/n?"

I didn't answer despite recognizing the familiar voice. I quickly tried to wipe my tears away and put on a fake smile, turning around. "Hey, Hoon! What's up?" Sunghoon didn't smile back and gave me a look of concern.

I dropped the fake smile and turned away from him, resting my arms on the railing. Sunghoon stood beside me and rested against the railing as well. "I didn't know you were coming." I let out an airy chuckle, "I snuck here with Jina."

"Y/n—"

"Hoon, I already saw everything."

It was silent for a moment. I chuckled sadly and felt a tear roll down my cheek. "Were you gonna hide it from me?" "No! No, of course not. I'm just shocked," Sunghoon quickly explained himself.

"Are you really shocked though? I mean, he's Lee Heeseung, the jerkass player." Sunghoon sighed and fixed his position. "I guess you're right. But still, I thought he stopped."

A short sarcastic laugh came out of me. "Why would he just stop? Because I should've thought about that." "I don't know— It just seemed different with you, so I thought he was genuine this time." "Well, that makes the both of us," I sighed and dropped my head on my arms.

The memory of seeing him with the other girl played in my mind again. I didn't even realize tears were running down my face again. I felt Sunghoon place his hand on my back.

I lifted my head up and turned around, burying my head in his chest. At this point, I was a sobbing mess. My arms were tightly wrapped around him, my hands clutching on the thin material of his dress shirt.

Sunghoon's hand gently patted my back, trying to comfort me. "I'm s-sorry, I got your s-shirt wet," I tried to speak through my sobs. "You can get it as wet as you want, it's okay," he says, stroking my back.

After some time, I was able to pull myself together. Sunghoon and I sat down on the bench sitting on the front porch. "Do you know who she is?" I asked, referring to the unknown girl I saw hovering around Heeseung.

Sunghoon didn't answer. I turned my head to look at him. His lips were pursed as he looked down in his lap. "Hoon?" "She's... his ex-girlfriend."

My body froze for a split moment. His ex? The one supposedly from his freshman year of university? The one he last dated before he turned into a player? I had so many questions.

"Oh..." That was all I had to say. "I was confused when I saw her with him too... he was sad when they broke up, but it eventually turned into hatred." I only sat there, listening. "I suppose that's why he turned out this way. The boys and I never directly asked, we just assumed."

I scoffed, "What a fucking jerk. Using every single girl as a rebound." The thought of me being one of his victims angered me, yet it hurt. I aggressively wiped the tear rolling down my cheek. "I'm sorry for ruining your time, Hoon." "No, you're way more important than some party.