10- Newly Found Affection

Y/N'S POV;

"YAH." I pushed him away feeling shy and embarrassed. Jake just chuckled, ruffling my hair. "I'm just kidding, Y/nnie." I huffed, stomping upstairs to my room. "Don't be upsetttt," Jake says as he follows me upstairs. "You better not say a WORD about what happened tonight, Shim Jaeyun."Jake throws his hands up in the air in defense.

"Are you going to head back?" I asked him, putting my purse away in my closet. "Should I? I was planning to hang out with you until Jay comes back." "He could come home extremely late though," I countered, leaning against the door frame of my walk-in closet.

"You're right, so why don't we watch a movie and eat a bunch of snacks 'til then?" My eyes lit up with joy at his proposal. "Wait... that isn't such a bad idea, Shim Jaeyun."

He flashed me a bright smile, "Soooo, what do you say?" "HELL YEAH, let me get changed, remove my make-up and stuff. You can just grab some comfortable clothes from Jay's closet, I'm sure he wouldn't mind." Jake nodded and we went on and did our own things.

Jake finished before me. I heard him getting our movie set up in my room in the back. As I walked out of the bathroom, I saw Jake setting down a big tub of popcorn for us and there were several different types of chips for us to snack on. He was wearing Jay's dark blue hoodie with embroidered letters that spell out "SEATTLE" and paired the hoodie with Jay's gray sweatpants.

"So what are we watching tonight?" He asks me, getting on bed and sitting comfortably beside me. "Hmmm, I'm feeling...Tangled!" "You always pick that when we watch a movie," Jake complains, exaggerating his words. "Do you have a problem, Shim Jaeyun?" "No ma'am," Jake answers immediately with a big smile plastered on his face.

It was already 12 AM on a Saturday. The movie played on the huge TV screen as Jake and I snacked on chips and popcorn. We laughed and joked around a few times. The movie was at its climax, but I began to feel sleepy.

My eyes felt heavy. I opened them many times and shifted in several different positions to keep myself awake but I always found myself having my eyes closed. Jake seemed to have noticed when he turned his head to me.

"You feeling tired?" "Mhm," I mumbled lazily, resting my head on his shoulder. I was half awake at his point, but I was conscious enough to hear him let out a small chuckle. "Alright, go to sleep then," he says, patting my head before adjusting the sheets to cover my body. Very soon, the sound of the movie in my quiet room began to sound faint.

JAKE'S POV;

She's asleep. Many might say the feeling of a head on your shoulder after a long period of time may hurt and feel sore but when she does it, I don't feel any sort of discomfort at all. I heard her tiny snores through the sounds of the background voices of the movie.

She's sound asleep, resting comfortably. Cute. It was odd. Many things happened tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if something crazy happened at tonight's party, but the events that occurred between her and I was the most unexpected thing that happened.

I never thought she and I would ever get that close in terms of intimacy regarding our friendship. I never saw Y/n that way before. I always saw her as my best friend's younger sister. A close friend. A childhood friend. I admit, she's grown to become a woman. I never saw her as anything more though. That was until tonight. Was the moment we shared triggering how I felt towards her? I don't want to admit it, but there was no other way to it.

I don't want to think of her like that. I know Jay trusts me, but this is another story. What happened tonight opened my eyes to many different perspectives of her that I've never thought about before. The thought of Jay finding out what happened between Y/n and I sent shivers down my spine. I know he's very protective of Y/n, though sometimes it seems like he doesn't care.

I sighed heavily, turning my attention over to Y/n again. I wonder what she had going on in her mind that made her want a distraction. A distraction that had her weak. And I was the one who distracted her mind away from the things she'd been thinking about.

Thinking more and more about what happened tonight made my head go crazy. I think I'm about to explode due to overthinking. Eventually, the amount of thinking warned me out and I felt tired. My eyes then slowly closed.

AUTHOR'S POV;

— 1:15 AM —

"Yah, put him on my back and I'll carry him in his room from here," Sunghoon says to Jina, squatting down on the ground. "Why did this douchebag have to drink until he passes out, gosh," Sunghoon says with a struggle, carrying Jay up to his room.

"Are you sure you don't need any help?" Jina asks, standing at the front door. Sunghoon shakes his head, though his face expression says otherwise.

The moment Sunghoon reaches Jay's room, he throws Jay on his bed. Jay groans at the unpleasant thud but falls back asleep like a baby afterward. Sunghoon stretches his muscles then sighs with relief. "Geez, he is heavy."

Sunghoon was about to walk downstairs, but he remembered that you left early, so he decided to peek into your room to check up on you. Sunghoon was surprised to see that you and Jake were resting comfortably in your bed. He let out a soft chuckle before walking downstairs.

— 9:25 AM —

Jay woke up feeling as uncomfortable as ever. He yawns, rubbing his eyes as they adjust to the bright morning sunlight. "I passed out, didn't I?" Jay talks to himself, rubbing his face. He got up to freshen up since he didn't have the chance to last night.

He then walked to your room to check if you were awake. His body stiffened the moment he saw his younger sister and his best friend resting comfortably in bed together. His stiffened body soon relaxed, not wanting to overthink the situation. He quietly shuts the door, before walking downstairs to prepare breakfast for the three of you.

————— —————

A/N:
Woo, we got Jake's pov 🫣🫣 The first time we got to see what he's been thinking.... juicy. Jay is about to go in interrogation mode LOL. I hope these chapters aren't that boring. I'm trying to set the story line but by letting things play out to make the plot make sense :) Comment what your opinion is on this chapter 👀👀 and always, happy reading 🫶🏻