6- Suspicious of You (1)

AUTHOR'S POV;

The ride on the way home was quiet. It was 11:30 PM and the group just finished eating dinner at a small restaurant. Everyone was drained from a long, but fun day. You, Sunoo, and Jungwon passed out in the car. 

"I'm gonna take a picture of Y/n sleeping, her mouth is wide open." Sunghoon giggles as he snaps a photo of you. Jake found it kind of cute and admired your features. One turn on the road caused your head to drop on Jake's shoulder once again. A small smile crept on his face, allowing you to rest on his shoulder.

A sudden camera flash made Jake squint his eyes. "Ya, What was that?" Sunghoon showed the picture of your head resting on Jake's shoulder with a huge grin. "Send me that." Heeseung turned his head back out of curiosity and asked what happened.

Sunghoon then showed Heeseung the picture he had taken. "Ah, a little lovey-dovey moment for young Jaeyun I see." Jake let out a shy chuckle, "Don't be silly." "That's what they all say..." Sunghoon taunts, making Niki giggle.

"Now what is going on back there," Jay asks with a raised eyebrow. "Oh nothing, focus on driving JJongsaeng." Jay rolled his eyes at Sunghoon's nickname for him.

Everyone slowly exited the car and bid each other goodbye. "Are you going to wake Y/n up?" "Someone carry her in, she's resting so peacefully," Sunoo whispered, trying not to wake you up. "Someone carry her heavy ass in because I'm not," Jay sassed, walking into the house.

"I can–"

"I'll carry her in," Jake cuts Heseung off, looking at your sleeping figure with gazing eyes. Heeseung muttered something under his breath before going into his car.

Jake carefully carries you into your room, gently dropping you on your bed. He quietly pulls the covers over you and tucks your loose hair strands behind your ear.

"Goodnight, Y/nnie."

Jake gets up to leave but shrieks when his eyes meet Jay. He was leaning against your door frame, arms crossed. "How long have you been standing there for?" "Not long, is she really dead asleep?" "Yeah, change her clothes or something, she's going to be uncomfortable," Jake responds.

"Must I undress her," Jay complains with a groan. "Unless you want me to do it for you–" "Bye, Jaeyun, have a safe drive home." Jake chuckles at Jay's words as he gives Jake a playful-sarcastic smile. Jake pats Jay's shoulder before bidding goodbye. "Alright, bye Jay, see you later."

— THE NEXT MORNING —

You woke up, rubbing your eyes as they adjusted to the sunlight beaming in from your window. To your surprise, you were in comfy clothing. You freshened up and walked down the stairs, the smell of fresh pancakes greeting you.

Was your mom home? You made your way into the kitchen, seeing your brother cook breakfast. "Good morning." You greeted Jay sweetly. He raised his eyebrow in suspicion, "Good morning to you too." "Are those for me toooo?" Jay chuckled, rolling his eyes. "Yes, they are, now sit down."

You sat down at the dinner table, waiting for your breakfast to be served. Jay brought two plates over and sat down across from you. "Did Heeseung bring me in last night?" "No... Jaeyun did, what made you think Heeseung did?" You awkwardly laughed at his words, looking away from his confused expression.

"Uh– I don't know, I didn't mean to say Heeseung, I meant to say Jake."

Jay looked at you suspiciously, not buying your excuse. "You know what, I'm not going even to question what you're saying because you're weird like that." You rolled your eyes at his words, munching on your pancakes aggressively.

"Did Jake perhaps uhm... change my uh..." Jay looked at you in confusion, trying to comprehend what you were saying. "Ah, nope. He offered but I wouldn't dare let him do that, so I had to change you, unfortunately." "H-He offered?" "Yup," Jay casually responded, chewing on his food.

"Well I didn't know you were protective of me," you teased your older brother. Jay scoffed, "Oh shut up, it's the bare minimum, why would I let another guy see you in your undergarments."

"But it's Jaeyun."

A moment of silence. Jay blinked his eyes several times, thinking of something to respond with. "What about Jaeyun?" You were taken back a bit from his mini interrogation. "We've known him for like, half of your lives, don't you trust him?" "Well of course I do, just not to THAT point."

"Ou-hoooo, okay, I see you, Park Jongseong," you teased him once again. "Ay, ay, enough with the teasing, geez." You giggled, seeing him look away, sipping his orange juice out of embarrassment.

"What's with you and Jake anyway," Jay asked, breaking the silence. You looked at him oddly, tilting your head in confusion. "What do you mean?" "Nothing, nothing." You eyed Jay weirdly. "Okay... weirdo. I'm going upstairs, wash my plate for me, thanks!"

————— —————

It's been a few days and the day of the university get-together party is tonight. You went last year but it was kind of lame. According to Jay, a popular student would host the party every year. The party would be hosted somewhere during the summer to welcome new students.

You found it weird that the party wasn't during the first week of the school year though. You knew how the party went for the most part, you were pretty lost last year but your friend who hosted the last party you went to, Jina, guided you.

Jina was a big party girl. The party she held last week was just for fun. According to Jina though, it was the "pre-party" before the university get-together party. You could say you and Jina were close. You have friends around but Jina is your closest girl friend.

"You're coming to the get-together right?"

"Well I wasn't planning to go since I found it kind of lame last year, but Jay found a way to persuade me to go," you replied to Jina over the phone. "I'm only going because Niki is and I refuse to let my dumbass brother and his five other friends watch him."

Jina let out a short snort. "So you're going to babysit?" "Pretty much, perhaps I'll let Jungwon stay by Niki's side so I can roam around with you and Sunoo for a bit."

"That sounds alright since I refuse to have you go to the party of the year just to babysit." Then, a sudden smirk rose on Jina's lips. "Who knows, you might find a special someone," Jina says giggling.

For a second, you thought about telling her about what happened the night of her party, but you decided not to, to be safe. Jina could be a loudmouth at times so you didn't want to risk it. You did NOT want to give Jay any chance of finding out you slept with one of his best friends.

"You aren't going to wear jeans like you did last year will you?"

Your friend's question cut off your train of thought. "I won't if I can find something good to wear," you sang. Jina chuckled, "Girl, you have a bunch of clothes, a whole wardrobe to be exact and you couldn't find anything?" "That's exactly the problem," you giggled in a silly manner.

"Aye, this girl. Let me get ready and I'll swing by and we can find something for you to wear together. You go shower and do your makeup and whatnot, giving 2 hours."

You agreed and hung up. You've never put this much effort just for a party. Well, at least to you it seemed like a good amount of effort.

You got up from your bed and stretched. "Time to get ready for the party of the year."