18- Sparks Ignite

Y/N'S POV;

Today I was with Heeseung again. I texted him that I was bored, but I didn't want to meet up and do what we usually do. I told him that I just wanted to hang out since Jina was busy.

He agreed and secretly pulled up in front of my house. Luckily, Jay was all cooped up in his room playing guitar.

We drove around and went to eat. It was nice. We were able to spend time together and really talk. I enjoyed it.

Then we went to his unit to "chill."

Yeah, we didn't really "chill" at his place. It was an eventful evening that's for sure... I'm not sure if us cuddling meant anything to him, but it felt nice to be in his arms right now.

"Heeseung?"

"Yes, darling?"

Darling. I'm getting used to that pet name now. To be honest, I'm starting to like it.

"What are we?"

I just asked a dangerous question. Silence only fed my question. "Whatever you want us to be, pretty," he grinned. I rolled my eyes. "Heeseung..." He stopped smiling when he realized I was being serious.

"Uh..." "Are we... friends with benefits?" I asked and goddammit did I wish I hadn't said that. "Yeah, I guess. Isn't that how people would describe our relationship?" Right... they probably would. "Yeah, I guess so..."

"Are you hungry?" I shook my head. "I'm not hungry," I lied, getting out of his arms. "You don't wanna stay over for lunch?" he asked me with furrowed eyebrows. I shook my head and got dressed. "I'm gonna go home. See you, Heeseung."

And with that, I left his unit and drove to the nearest McDonald's. I munched on my food out of hunger, but the food didn't taste as good. My mood felt off. Why did I feel disappointed? We were just... friends with benefits after all.

I drove home after and all I wanted was to rot in bed. Once I entered my house, I was greeted with loud screams coming from the living room. And just as I thought, Jake, Sunghoon, and Jay were playing video games.

"Hey, Y/n! How was your hangout with Jina?" Jake asked me. Right... I was hanging out with Jina... "Uh... it was alright, yeah."

I ran upstairs and got changed before lying on the bed like a lazy pig. My mind was too occupied with so many questions. Especially about Heeseung.

————— —————

"Jay, I'm leaving to the convenience store!" I yelled loud enough for him to hear from upstairs. Once I heard an "OKAY," I left the house.

The moment I stepped into the store, the bells chimed. I made my way to grab a bottle of soju and made my way to the cash register. The person who had just left seemed so familiar. I only saw their back view but it was too recognizable.

I dashed out the door once I paid and mustered up the courage to yell out his name. "Lee Heeseung?"

He turned around at the call of my voice and to my relief, it was him. "Little Park? What are you doing here?" he asked me with curious eyes. "I could say the same, with that, as well," I say, pointing to his bag where I can clearly see a bottle of soju.

He noticed I had also gotten the same drink and looked at me with bright eyes. "Wanna drink together?"

"Don't drink too much and make me carry you home again," Heeseung teased me. I rolled my eyes and drank the drink. "You can't threaten me, Lee." "Mmm... really?" "Yeah," I replied, confidently challenging him.