34- Deja Vu

Y/N'S POV;

The sunlight beamed through my glass window, awakening me from my sleep. I rubbed my eyes and groaned at the throbbing pain in my head. I reached out to grab my phone on my nightstand to call Jay, but it was as if he read my mind.

"Looks like someone's awake," Jay says as he walks into my room with a cup of water and medicine. "Thanks, Jay." I sat up, with some struggle, and took the pill and swallowed it down with water.

"Sunghoon brought you home last night," Jay says. "He did?" "Yup, I guess someone was too drunk to remember," Jay snorts. I faked a chuckle, knowing he was going to follow it up with a scolding.

"You know, you could be a little more responsible–" "Okay, okay," I respond, waving off his scolding. "Park Y/n–" "Okay, okay! I'll– I'll be more responsible, I guess," I quickly agreed before he went off on me and that wouldn't end up so well.

"I prepared some hangover soup so wash up and come down quickly."

————— —————

"Where are we going?" I asked Jay, who was driving us to an unknown destination. "Somewhere," he responded with a sly smile, still keeping his eyes on the road.

"When mom and dad said to take care of me while they were gone, I didn't know you were going to kidnap me to an unknown destination."

Jay cracked a laugh, "You said you felt stuffy in the house so we're going out, aren't you glad?" "Hmmm, yeah, but you're not telling me where we're going so I'm a little anxious." Jay chuckled, "You'll see."

"The beach? Hey, don't tell me we're here to drink with a bunch of people–" "Don't worry, it's just a college hangout at the beach, and maybe some beer, BUT that's it," Jay cuts me off to assure me, but I don't quite feel assured.

We walked to the group of college students where they had a barbecue set up and many beach chairs, along with a cooler with cold drinks. I spotted a few familiar faces as I scanned the area for Jina.

"Hey, who are you looking for?" a familiar voice said from behind. I turned around and instantly smiled at the familiar voice. "Hey Hoon! Just looking for Jina, have you seen her?" "I think I saw her with some guy earlier, they're probably in the water right now," Sunghoon says, pointing out at the waves. I nodded, noting that Jina was probably with Sejin.

"Oh, hey, Y/n!" Sunoo greets me, coming up behind Sunghoon. "Hey! How are you?" "I'm good! The boys are over there, wanna come?" Sunoo offers me. "Sure–" "Actually, how about we go get her a drink first? Yeah? Okay!" Sunghoon quickly cuts me off and drags me away.

"What are you up to, Park Sunghoon?" I asked him, stopping us from walking. "Nothing, just getting you a drink," he simply answers before dragging me again. I knew Sunghoon very well though and right now, he's acting a little suspicious.

Sunghoon tossed me a Coke and a Sprite for himself. We both opened our cans and took a refreshing gulp. "I saw Eunji earlier," I brought up, leaving my sentence unfinished. Sunghon lowered his soda can and looked over at me. "Yeah?" "Mhm, why don't you talk to her?" I asked him with a hint of teasing in my tone. "Nah, I can't do that," he says with a small shy smile.

"Pft! What do you mean you can't?! Just walk up to her and ask how she's doing and start a convo from there!" "It's not that easy," Sunghoon refutes then takes another sip of his soda. "Was kissing her at the pool party easier then?!"

Sunghoon nearly choked on his drink and started coughing. "Yah, you alright?" I asked, trying to hold in my laugh. "That was part of a uh, game," he says, clearing his throat. I rolled my eyes, "Okay, well, you should still grow some balls and talk to her. I'm sure she would like to talk to you too."