9- New Tension

Y/N'S POV;

I got off the counter, about to walk back to the group. But I noticed that Jake was looking at me with stern eyes. He wasn't looking at my face though. He was looking below my face... "YOU PERVERT," I screamed out, covering my chest with my arms even though they were covered.

Jake's face turned red. "NO! I wasn't looking t-there..." I looked at him suspiciously, "Then?" "You're neck," he mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck.  I stood there, looking at him in confusion. But then it hit me. Fuck.

I ran to the nearest bathroom. "Wait–" Jake didn't bother to stop me and ran after me instead. I gasped the moment I saw my reflection in front of the mirror. "Y/N, there's–" "SHIM JAEYUN," I freaked out in panic, my face looked like a tomato.

"Y/n, calm down–" "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CALM DOWN, LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO ME," I whined, not knowing what to do. "YOU GAVE ME A HICKEY." "HEY, DON'T BLAME ME, YOU LET ME," Jake clarified, defending himself.

I whine, again, staring at the mark he created on me. Is this what you call a love bite? "What do I do nowwwwww?? I don't have my makeup bag to cover this up, JAY IS GOING TO KILL ME. You better find a way to help me cover this Shim, you were involved," I demanded with arms crossed.

Jake let out a small laugh. I gave him the 'what' look. "Nothing, it's just cute that you're throwing a tantrum." "YAH, are you going to help me or what?!" "OBVIOUSLY, I would be as dead as you if Jay found out."

I liked that it wasn't awkward between me and Jake, despite what just happened. I wonder if this was because we have known each other for so long and we feel this comfortable towards each other. I hope nothing changes between us. It took me a moment to notice, but Jake put his varsity jacket around my shoulders.

"Here, wear this and zip it up all the way so it covers your neck." I gave him a soft smile, thanking him before we walked back out to the boys. The jacket was oversized and warm. I put my hands in the jacket's pockets to keep them warm.

"Y/n, Jake, there you two are, where were you?!" Sunoo asked, walking over to us. "Is that Jake's jacket?" Jay suddenly asked me. I rolled my eyes, "Is that seriously the first thing you ask me??" "Well??" Jay asked again, not letting go of his unanswered question.

I let out a sigh, "I was just drinking with Jake and I felt cold so he offered me his jacket, happy?" "Oh, alright, that's fine, as long as you two don't pull anything weird."

Jake and I just gave him an awkward smile. "Yeah, yeah, don't worry, Jongseong-ah, I can take care of her," Jake smiles, pulling me in as he wraps his arm over my shoulder.

I noticed that Heeseung was missing. Just as I was about to ask, he showed up. "Heeseung, there you are, where were you?" Sunghoon asked, throwing his arm around Heeseung's shoulder.

"Just hanging around," he muttered, his eyes never leaving me and Jake. "You were with Yewon, weren't you? I swear I heard her yelling your name," Niki said with a smirk on his face. "Yeah I was," he answered, his eyes shifting away from Jake and I.

"Ouuhuuu, Lee Heeseung." "Okay, I see you, getting with the popular girl." He lets out a small chuckle. "HEESEUNG-AH," we hear someone call out. Our heads shift to the direction the voice came from.

Yewon throws herself on Heeseung, "You're with the boys?" she giggles. I found her giggle annoying already. "And who is this?" she asks, looking up and down at me as she clings to Heeseung's arm. "She's–" "I'm Park Y/n, Jay's younger sister," I sternly say, cutting Jay off.

"Ah, are you and Jake a thing? You're wearing his jacket and his arm is around you and all." I let out a quiet scoff, she's nosy, isn't she? I saw Jay about to open his mouth to clarify but Jake beat him to it. "That's none of your business, Yewon."

She just laughed it off. "I'll be rooting for you two if that's the case, you two look cute together." I felt my face heat up... AGAIN. "Alright, enough, Y/n is dating nobody," Jay finally butts in.

We all sat back down on the couch, hanging around. Yewon dragged Heeseung a few feet away from us with her friend group. I looked across from me, seeing Yewon all up on Heeseung on his lap. Heeseung looked unbothered, just talking with his friends casually.

It kind of bothered me seeing another girl sit on his lap. Wait— Y/n, wake up, you two have nothing between each other, just a one-night stand mistake. I turned over and saw Sunoo judging her and it was VERY obvious. I slapped his thigh, getting his attention.

"Stop glaring at her like that, you're making it obvious." Sunoo whined, "So whattt, that's the point. I hate her already. I swear if Heeseung dates her, I'm–" "Pft, as if, Heeseung hasn't gotten a girlfriend since freshman year of uni," Jake cuts Sunoo off. Oh? That's surprising. Three years since he last had a girlfriend?

"Exactly, he hasn't had a serious relationship since," Sunghoon discloses, leaning back on the couch. Thinking about it now, I never knew much about him. The second I think about him again, I look over just to see Heeseung and Yewon eating each other's faces off.

"Speaking of the devil," I mumbled. "At least he doesn't actually date them for a week and dump them, he's just...letting himself get loose without getting himself tied with commitment." It seems like Jake heard me.

I gave him a 'Are you serious' look. "I'm not saying it's good, it's fine he's letting himself get loose, just not having a thing for every girl, you know?" Jake explains himself quickly before you get the wrong idea. "Tch, every girl I see." "Hm?" "Nothing, nothing," I say, not wanting to talk about Heeseung any longer.

"Can we go home first?" I asked Jake with pleading eyes. "Are you feeling alright?" "I'm okay, I just... don't want to be here anymore." Jake just nods, not asking me any further.

Just as Jake and I stood up, Heeseung walked over and sat down across from me. "Where are you going Y/n?" Jina asked with Jay's arm around her. "Jake's gonna take me home, I feel tired." Well, that wasn't completely a lie, I've been here for three hours. A lot has happened in one night too...

"Jake, you better–" "I'll get her home safe, don't worry Jay, if that's what you're worried about," Jake interrupts Jay, assuring Jay that I'll be safe with him. Jay sighs, "Alright."

I got into Jake's car sighing, allowing my muscles to relax in the seat. "I am so ready to go home." Jake lets out a small laugh, "You should be lucky I didn't let myself get drunk and was sober to drive you home early." "Thank you for risking the night of your life for me Jaeyunieeeee." We both laughed a bit at the sudden nickname I called him.

Sooner or later, we reached my home. I stepped out of the car, letting out the nth heavy sigh of the night. "You alright?" Jake asked me as we stepped into the house. "You already asked me that Jake," I answer, not wanting to talk about how I'm feeling. "I know, but it looks like there's still something occupying your mind."

"You know you can tell me Y/n." I know I can... but not this case Jake... I just punched his arm gently, "I'm okay Jaeyun, don't worry," I tried to assure him so he wouldn't ask any further. "Mmm, if you say so."

I shut the door behind me, turning around to only see Jake towering over me. He abruptly unzips the jacket he put on me. Oh god. What's he doing?? I froze in place. "J-Jake, what are you–" "I'm just getting my jacket back, is something wrong?" he says with a sly smirk.

This little– I am so sure he knows what he is doing right now. "O-Oh, uh... go ahead– sorry..."

"Are you sure you don't need another distraction, Y/n?"

————— —————

A/N:
Jake stans... that was for y'all. This is making it seem like a Jake story 🤣🤣 The tension is climbing to its PEAK LOL. Am I teasing you guys too much 😆 Things will only get juicer than this from here...