HOLLOW EYES

"you know that karna was going to get hurt? You knew that he will going to fight against death? You knew it yet you did not did anything?"

Ashwatthama yelled as krishna just let him be before he says calmly "it was destined"

Though Ashwatthama is silent, krishna can clearly see his emotions ticking around, only to stop at anger everytime as he took a deep breath to calm down before saying to krishna.

"DESTINED!! Don't. Say. This. Words. To. Me"

Ashwatthama warned, looking directly into krishna's eyes as he again asked in a composed manner "why didn't you helped karna?"

"I did-"

"thank you very much but may I know why now?..............Oh, must be destined too, right?" Ashwatthama asked sarcastically, cutting off krishna's sentence as he turn around to leave but stopped to say something while raising his finger in warning towards krishna "I don't care what people say about you but if something happen to karna...........then see"

Krishna watch ashwatthama striding from there as he walk towards karna's resting room before opening the door slowly. The whole room is dark as krishna watch the owner of broken soul looking at the moonlight illuminating from window as he rest against the headboard but didn't turn his head to look at krishna who entered the room.

Krishna walk towards the bed, sitting beside the now conscious body as he take good look of Magadh Raj's condition.............his wound on the head is wrapped securely while the last memory from his mother, broken hair ornament covered in blood is kept aside on the table near bed, there are cuts all over his body due to fainting on the broken mirror pieces, his lips are bruised at the end before Krishna's eyes went to karna's eyes..............hollow, though he is not looking at krishna, he knows that in those eyes there is nothing, not a single emotions.............it is just like a body without soul.

Taking a breath krishna get up from beside karna as he walk out of the room before closing the door while the unconscious didn't even blink at his departure.

-------------------------------------------------

"are you done walking, karna?"

Been more than one week since that incident but Karna...........he is completely hollow now. The eyes that were once soulful, does not show sparkle anymore, he does not roll his eyes at ashwatthama's antics, he does not talk to sahadeva, he does not give run from Krishna, there is nothing same in him. His body is working...........but without soul. He has no expression on his face, it is lifeless now.

They all eat together in a silence and whenever they talk, karna is the only one who stay silent............from that night, neighter he has said anything nor he had shown any expression. Even when sahadeva was using mantra on him to heal all his scars, even when Balram and subhadra came to meet him........he did not showed any expression.

Ashwatthama felt his heart ripping, watching his friend who has helped him through so much, who has teach him so many things in this condition where he himself is not capable of helping karna.

"Rajkumar Ashwatthama" Feeling a hand on his shoulder ashwatthama turned around to find it is sahadeva as he asks "what?"

"his body has healed completely and the scars has vanished but the injury on head will take time and.........I can't say anything about his mental health"

Sahadeva says while keeping his eyes on karna's walking figure who is watching birds chirping around but there is no emotion in those eyes.

"that's fine.........you helped enough"

Ashwatthama says as he went towards karna who is coming upstairs before his eyes caught ashwatthama coming towards but it didn't stir any emotion inside his numb heart as he just walk back into his given room.

--------------------------------------------------

"karna"

Karna look at the entrance of the door to find krishna standing there as he get down from the window before walking towards him.

"someone came to meet you"

Krishna says as he open the guest room before nodding to karna to let him know, it is safe to go inside though her knows karna is not even thinking about it before he closes the door from outside when karna entered the guest room.

He notice the guest sitting on one of the luxury while his face is towards the window, unexpectedly it seems he felt karna's presence as he called him out to touch Parashuram ji's feet as he sat on his knees in front of his Gurudev.

"what's with this? This is not my shishya. Where is my best shishya?"

Parashuram ji says while putting his hand on his shishya's head as Karna felt vision blurring slowly while parashuram ji kept his hand on karna's head. He look at his Guru ji with blurry vision in the silence before a sob ripped out the silence from the room as the parashuram shishya felt his cheeks getting went but he can't do anything other than to grab his Gururdev like father's feet for support.

The hand on his head cares him all the time while he wail, sob, cry, sniffle, everytime they were their cares him like a father.

"Gurudev..................I lost everything" The first sentence that he let out after that night even if it is hoarse, even if it is shaky, even it is filled with pain........it was like as if those hands on head breaked shell inside him. He cried over and over, again and again but his Gurudev didn't stopped him, he just let all the pain flow out from his shishya. By the time Karna stopped crying it was already dark outside as the room is completely dark since no one came to light up the candle as they will be interrupted.

Karna sniffled before getting up as he light up the candle before looking at his Gurudev who signed him to come towards him.

"who said you lost everything? Who are the people outside? Who am I? This is not my shishya, he was the most brave and powerful kid I have ever known. He breaked the wall of fate to get what he want, he pissed past the society to help everyone, he jump through the destiny to see smile on his cherished people's face but he was not this-"

Karna wanted to say something but he didn't wanted to interrupt his Gurudev as he kept his silence.

"-There were thousand of people who wanted to break you years ago and now again you are in facing situation then why this time you breaked? Is it because of old age?.........you can't be labelled as old yet even"

Karna let out a wet chuckle as he watch a small smile coming on his Gurudev before he order karna.

"go now. I want my shishya back"

"where will you rest?"

"you remember that?" Parashuram ji says as Karna smiled a little before walking towards the bed as he sat on it while parashuram lay down on it with his head on his shishya's lap.

Looking at the sleeping figure of his Gurudev, karna smiled as he look at the shining moon............what would had happened if his Gurudev wouldn't had come?..........Don't want to know.

"time to get back on track"

*********************************