CHARIOTEER'S SON'S CHOICE

"excuse me.........does radha Maa lives here?"

"are you finding radha and adhirath, child? Yes, they live here. I can take you there"

"thank you"

"look radha, someone came to meet you"

"just coming!"

"I will leave now, young man"

"ji, thank you"

"who.....came?...........karna" The said man stood there surprised before muttering out.

"how did you recognised me?"

"how can a mother won't recognise her child?" Radha said with tears in her eyes as she hug her child before breaking the hug to take a good look of his son.

...........God! He has changed so much yet at the same time he has not changed a fit.

Radha felt herself tearing up again at the fact that she never get a chance to see her child growing up but then again she is happy that her child could learn something he had always wished as she has always blame their status to be not being able to complete one wish of her son.

"you have grown up"

"I missed you" Karna said as they again hug tightly before her mother immediately took him inside so that they can eat and talk as his father is also coming soon.

NEXT DAY

"YOU HAVE BECOME WHAT!!??"

A loud yell can be heard from radha and adhirath's house but they could care less especially after listening to what karna has just said. Karna sighed as he remembered why he had not told about this yesterday as they all were emotionally unstable and tired so he decided to tell today but here they are............at expected thing by him.

"I am Magadhraj" Remind him again, why did he said that? Karna sighed saying for fifth time as he look at his parents face before his father ask.

"so, you are saying, no one knows that you are the king of Magadh and you don't even want to.......right?"

Karna nodded as his father sighed while his mother seem to be in deep thought before asking "then what are you going to do now, son?"

"what do you want me to do?"

"what?" Adhirath asked in shock, worried as why his son who want to learn archery that desperately want to do something else not knowing that karna himself wants to do what his parents want him to do for two reasons :- 1) to see his parents happy 2) so that he can help other people without worrying about his identity since he will working as a worker, no one will suspect that he is a king.

"what do you want me to do, now?"

"you don't want to......."

"no, I am okay with whatever work you will give me" Adhirath, still shocked, nodded his head as he went outside the house still nodding confusingly to himself, must be going to Mahamahim for his son's job.

Seeing only him and his mother alone in the house, karna ask her "how have you been?" but he didn't get any reply in return as her mother went inside before coming out with a thing in her hand.

"what is this?"

"hair stick" Radha calmly said as she grab her son's long hair from behind before tying them by the hair accessory as she come forward to see if his son is still annoyed by the long hair and how is he looking?

"why did you tie up my hair? It has become so long, I wish to cut it now"

"NO-" radha yelling said "-long hair suits you, it looks good"

"if you like it then I won't cut my hair, Maa" Karna said before touching his hair accessory from his hand to check the. Design, though he can see it at night when he will untie it.

 Design, though he can see it at night when he will untie it

"it feels expensive. You didn't had to-" Before karna could complete his sentence radha stopped him by putting her hand on his mouth.

"the least I can give you is this, my dear. What can we even give you-"

"Maa, having you and pitashree in my life is itself a blessing. Please don't say that" Karna said, practically begging as radha Maa hug him before his father came back.

"would you like to join from today, vasu?" Adhirath ask as Karna thought for a moment before nodding. Soon both adhirath and karna left from there as adhirath tells him about the palace while walking towards it.

--------------------------------------------------

"as much as I don't want this, mahamahim ji said you don't have to work as a charioteer as you are still young, so you can be prince's helper..........more like babysitter. You have to take care of all the Prince. It is going to be very difficult and don't get too close to anyone. Even the brothers can't stay together. Kauravas and Pandavas have no chemistry, they always fight and pick on each other beside the eldest of kauravas and the eldest of pandavas are both candidates for throne so it is much more good if you stay away from them. Though you have to serve both of them but don't come in between political matter unless anyone ask you since you can't deny anyone in there as a Prince servant..................from your whole childhood here, the only thing I have told is to stay away from palace people and now here you are going to palace because of me........I am sor-"

"Pitashree, don't. You did this because I told you and it is none of your fault. I will stay away from hastinapur politics until I am not asked for or it does not concern by rajya and normal people, don't worry"

".............here we are" Adhirath said as he watch mahamahim coming out who notice both of them as he observe karna carefully and cautiously.

"Mahamahim ji, this is my son, karna, the one I told you about"

"pranipat, mahamahim ji"

"kalyan ho, vatsa" Bhisma said as he watch karna. There is no way this radiant boy is a charioteer's son though he has heard about adhirath's and Radha's child in the suta samaj saying how radiant, how bright, how beautiful the boy is but this is first time meeting him. He notice the boy's posture, which is simple, not of a lazy person but not of a warrior too especially hearing about 'how much karna wanted to be a warrior?' as he decided to ask the boy.

"I am sure, you know your work here. You will work as a helper and advicer for the Princes here. You know how many prince are here?" Bhisma asked to which karna nodded as he look at adhirath before taking the young man with himself, inside to introduce him to the Prince.

*****************************