defeat

request: can you do y/n was struggling with everything, even the games, and it was the finals and leah really wanted to win, but y/n wasn't feeling it but still played, but really bad. after the game, they lost and leah was so mad and said stuff she shouldn't have to y/n??

Y/N's POV

"Leah's ignoring me." I sighed as we got in line ready to receive our 2nd place medals.

"Don't stress, it's okay. I'm here." Alessia whispered back to me.

Things had been pretty tough recently, with my brain going at 100 miles per hour with my mental health at an all time low, you would think I would take some time away, but I was desperate to play at the final of this competition and try to give it my all, but of course, I blew it, and we lost. From the moment that whistle blew, I knew it was my fault we lost. I gave away too many chances and was sloppy on the ball, if it wasn't for me, we could've won it. Whilst Chelsea celebrated, we were stood at the other side of the pitch, Jonas gathering us into a big group circle.

"Well done girls, you did your best." he said.

I looked at the floor, tears brimming in my eyes as I knew he was lying. The others did well, but I ruined it, and I felt I deserved to be punished, kicked off the team for that matter.

All I needed was a big hug from my best friend, Leah, but she seemed out of it, probably because we lost, as this girl was so competitive it was insane. As she walked off in the opposite direction after Jonas' talk, I followed her slowly and tapped her on the shoulder, expecting her to turn around and hold me in her arms, but instead I got the opposite. She turned around, gave me a stern look and said "This is your fault, Y/N. Leave me alone, I don't want you near me."

"Please Leah, I know it's my fault, I just need a hug."

"Get one from someone else, I'm so angry with you."
she said, and with that she continued to walk away, heading towards Wally. My heart sank. Even though I knew it was my fault that we lost, Leah confirming that thought made me feel so much worse. She was always up for a hug, so the fact she turned me away broke me, especially when I needed one so badly. I walked away back towards my other teammates, who were chatting amongst themselves. Katie turned to look at me as I arrived.

"What's the matter kid?" she asked.

"Leah's just had a go at me." I replied sadly.

"Why? What did she say?"

"I told her I needed a hug and she-"

I was cut off by Katie pulling me close to her into a hug. Just what I needed, even if it wasn't from Leah.

"I'm the best at giving hugs anyway!" Katie said with a giggle. She let go and wrapped one arm around me, letting me rant to her again.

"What else did she say?"

"She told me to leave her alone and that it was my fault. She also said to get a hug from someone else, which you've done so thank you." I explained.

"It's no problem my love, if you ever need a hug, you know where I am. And for the record, it's not your fault, trust me." Katie smiled.

"It is, but thank you, I appreciate it." I said sadly.

I stood next to Alessia as we waited in line for our medals. She comforted me and made sure to stay with me so I wasn't left on my own. I kept glancing over to Leah, who was chatting to Wally and Beth, occasionally shooting a look towards me. I felt as if someone had kicked me in the pit of my stomach every time she looked, it was as if she was piercing holes in me with her eyes when she stared. I must've zoned out when we started walking, as Alessia had to tap me on the shoulder to get me to snap out of it and move.