the incident (part 2)

Warnings⚠️
- talk of eating disorders

Millie's POV

As soon as we got back to camp after the game, we all quickly got changed and showered before sitting in the meeting room to wait for Y/N. She hadn't left our thoughts since the second she fell, and it was clear within our team that we all just needed her home. None of us knew what caused her to pass out, but either way we were worried sick. I did my best to look after everyone, as a distraction for myself. Everyone was restless, heads hanging down and not talking, so I took it upon myself to try and get them talking to each other. I was sat next to Rachel, who was fiddling with a bit of skin on the side of her thumb.

"Rach don't, it'll bleed and it'll sting." I said, grabbing her hand gently.

"Oh shit, didn't even realise I was doing that." she replied.

Some of the girls lifted their heads up when they heard us talking, which made it easier for me to interact.

"You good?" I asked Alex, who was sat opposite me comforting Chloe, who'd been shaking and crying since we got back. She nodded but still looked concerned.

"Just scared of the unknown." she said.

"I know, me too." I said. "Just praying Sarina will bring her back soon so we know what's happening."

"I just want her home." Jess said from across the room.

It had been such a scary afternoon. We weren't focused after Y/N collapsed, which led to us losing 3-2 to the USA. None of us even seemed bothered about it, because we weren't thinking straight anyway. Mary had been blaming herself for the loss, but we all knew that we just weren't in the right headspace because we were so worried about our teammate.

When Y/N collapsed, we all went straight to her side. Leah was sat down next to her, stroking her head even though she was unconscious. I'd tried to talk to her in the moment but she was so out of it, she couldn't physically speak. She hadn't said much for the rest of the day, to be honest.
I looked over to the chairs opposite, but she was nowhere to be seen, until I looked to the corner and saw her sat on the floor against the wall with her head in her hands. I sighed.

"Leah come here." I shouted over to her. She looked up, her face bright red and her eyes bloodshot and puffy. I gestured her over and she slowly got up, her whole body shaking with worry. I put my hand out as she got closer for her to take. Rachel moved up the seat a bit so that Leah could fit in the gap on the other side of me. I sat her down next to me and let her cry into my chest. It was heartbreaking hearing her sob, my shirt getting soaked from her tears. We didn't often see Leah cry, so this was like a whole different person. I couldn't imagine what was going through her head;
Y/N is like her little sister, they've been roomies since Y/N's first day at England and have got the closest bond.

It was practically silent in the room, other than the odd sniffles. The tension was crazy, like nothing we'd ever felt before. We had no idea what to expect.

When a car pulled up outside about 45 mins after we sat down, everyone jumped. Sarina stepped out first, waving at us when she saw us watching. Leah had practically fell asleep in my arms, so I gently shook her to wake her.

"Sarina's here babe." I whispered. She stirred a bit before opening her eyes.

"Is Y/N okay?" she asked.