jealousy (part one)

A/N: This is just an imagine!! Absolutely no hard feelings towards Jordan at all, this is completely made up and just part of the story!!

Context: Leah and Jordan broke up a few weeks ago. Their relationship became toxic as Jordan was jealous of Leah's successes, causing her to become more angry and controlling. As Leah battles her way through heartbreak, Y/N, her best friend, guides her through it, despite finding out some gut wrenching information throughout the process.

Warning⚠️: physical and mental abuse

Leah's POV

I woke up early again, around 5am, the same as I had done for a week, covering my bruises with makeup before Y/N woke up. Nobody knew about what Jordan had been doing to me, and I aimed to keep it that way for as long as possible. It was bad enough that we were all on camp for England and she was here, meaning she was watching my every move.

I felt different, like a complete different person. I had gone from a happy, bubbly, passionate person to all of a sudden feeling low, depressed and as if the world would be better without me, all because what I thought would just be a normal breakup turned into abuse. I pulled my pyjama shirt up so I could see my black and blue stomach, applying as much foundation and concealer as I could, as quickly as possible. The stinging felt like nothing I'd ever experienced before, to the point I was wincing at every touch. After covering up, I went back to sleep for a while, aiming to make things look as normal as possible for when Y/N woke up. More than anyone, Y/N was the person I wanted to hide everything from. I knew it would be hard with us being roommates, but I knew how much abuse she'd dealt with in the past. I also couldn't bear to see her so upset about what I was going through, I always did everything I could to keep her going, it wasn't fair that she would have to do that for me.

I woke up again at 8am to find Y/N brushing her teeth in the bathroom.

"Hi sleepy." she smiled at me. I gave her a small smile back and grabbed my hairbrush from the bench.

"You coming down for breakfast?" Y/N asked. I nodded, despite feeling sick at the thought of going downstairs at the same time as Jordan. I couldn't get away from her, which made the whole situation so much worse, even before she started hurting me physically. Y/N looked at me with concerned eyes.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah I'm fine why?" I quickly blurted out.

"You just seem really off and really quiet." Y/N replied. "I know you're still feeling down after the breakup, but you know I'm here for you don't you? As are all the other girls."

I could feel myself choking up again, the whole situation screaming at me in my head, so I looked down and started playing with my hands for a moment to calm me down, until my brain switched over to last night, being hit and punched in the stomach until I could hardly breathe. I couldn't make sense of it, but couldn't help feel that it was all my fault. I tried to keep myself under control, but when I accidentally let out a sniffle, I knew I was fucked.

"Leah look at me." Y/N demanded gently.

I slowly looked up, my vision blurry as my eyes filled up with tears.

"You're not fine at all, are you?"

I shook my head, breaking down as Y/N pulled me into her arms. She held me tight, stroking the back of my head as I sobbed.

"It's okay, you're doing amazing." Y/N whispered, her being completely unaware of the severity of everything, not knowing the exact reason why I was so upset.

"Don't tell her Leah." I said to myself in my head.

Y/N held me for a good 30 seconds before taking my hand and leading me over to my bed, sitting down next to me.