arguments

Warning⚠️ flashback, mentions of abuse.

Y/N's POV

Training had been hard today. After a major loss against a team battling relegation (A/N: awfc fans, wtf was that west ham match smh), Jonas was attempting to make significant changes to the team and his training skills to try and make us better for our next game on Saturday. I had been feeling pretty low with the amount of bad games we had dealt with, but also losing our Jen Beattie for Bay FC had upset us all too. Jen meant so much to me, and would always help me through the worst days, so not having her around anymore was so sad. It seemed to be affecting us all in many ways, training being one of them. None of us were scoring, tackles weren't accurate and the amount of times I had fallen over was a nightmare, my knees were black and blue. Obviously after today's session, Jonas was raging, meaning we had a meeting after practice which I knew wouldn't go well.

I sat down in the meeting room next to Leah, praying I wasn't going to have to deal with him screaming. When I was younger, I was abused by my parents, giving me trauma of every kind. Leah was aware of this, and always took me under her wing, especially on days like today where things weren't going to plan.

"I have a feeling we are absolutely fucked." I whispered to Leah.

"Don't stress, we're okay trust me." Leah replied, stroking my hand with her thumb, deep down knowing that I was right.

The room was practically silent, the tension was insane. Everyone knew what was about to happen, but I couldn't help but panic that it would cause so much more of a problem within our team. Jonas walked in with his clipboard without even looking at us. He closed the door and stood in the middle of the room, a stern expression across his face.

"Right, I feel we need to have this meeting, as things are getting out of hand." Jonas started. "What the fuck do you all think you're playing at?! I get it, you're sad about Jen, but that is absolutely no excuse for how shit you have been playing. At this rate some of you are going to get sacked from this team, and I am not joking."

Everyone stayed silent.

"Anyone have anything to say?" Jonas said in the nastiest tone. Of course, no one responded. Everyone was in a bad mood, and he had made things worse by threatening us. He left the room in a hurry, obviously super mad at us all for not apologising. The girls in the front row turned around in their chairs to face us in the back, concerned looks on all of their faces.

"What was he expecting us to say? Oh sorry Jonas! We will do better! Fuck no!" Katie said angrily.

"Makes no sense." Vic replied.

"As long as we all keep pushing to improve, that's what matters. We have it in us and have shown this so many times." Kim continued.

"He can't expect us to be perfect 100% of the time though, it just doesn't work like that." Beth said, Viv nodding along with her.

"Don't worry guys, we'll be okay." Leah said, still holding my hand. A couple of the girls noticed this, but didn't say anything, which was great as I didn't want to go into detail right now. Tensions were already sky high.

We went back to camp and got ourselves settled. We ate dinner, and after we finished I headed upstairs for a shower, leaving the others downstairs. I needed to get away from them all for half an hour, the day had been awful and I just needed to have some time to myself and wind down.

Leah's POV

Not long after Y/N went upstairs for a shower, some of the girls began to talk about the training session and Jonas' meeting. It was playing on everyone's minds and it was affecting us and how we play as a team too. I knew straight away that this conversation was not going to go well, so I kept my head down.