jealousy (part two)

Y/N's POV

I ran back over to my teammates at our side of the pitch, ready to start the game. As I walked past, I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to a concerned Millie.

"Is Leah okay Y/N?" she asked. "She seems really upset today."

"Oh, erm..." I started, quickly trying to think of an excuse.

"Yeah, she's just feeling a bit rough. She woke up with a bit of a headache and then I think her anxiety is pretty high so she's just needing that bit extra love today." I explained. I must've made it believable as Millie was sympathetic towards Leah.

"Bless her. We'll have to go easy on her then." Millie replied. I nodded as I continued to walk over to my position, ready to start our game.

A Few Hours Later

I had been sat in the bedroom with Leah for most of the afternoon, watching films and talking. She had been thrown off this morning at training because Jordan had been staring at her, as if she was plotting something, which of course scared her even more than she already was. I had a few things I needed to get done as the evening began, so I left Leah to have a shower and take some time for herself, the girl needed sleep!

I got downstairs to find some of the girls playing table football, something I was never good at but loved to watch as they battled it out to become champions.

"Who's winning then?" I asked as I walked past them.

"Me of course!" Lucy grinned.

"Yeah I'm not surprised." I laughed.

I was about to keep walking towards the corridor when Alessia pulled me to one side.

"Leah seems really off today, is she okay?"

"She's just not feeling great, bit of anxiety along with a headache when she woke up, but she'll be fine." I lied, just as I had done to Millie this morning. I hated lying to the girls, they were my friends and in a way I wish they knew about what Jordan was doing to Leah so that we could get as much support as possible, but Leah didn't want to say anything yet. In my head, I fully understood her fear of telling someone, it reminded me of the amount of lies I told at school to my friends to hide what had happened to me at home, but I knew that eventually we would need to tell someone, before anything got too extreme. It broke me that Leah was struggling and was being hurt, all I wanted to do was stop everything, but I knew that was currently near impossible. I continued along the corridor to get things done that I needed to, before a couple of hours had passed and I headed back upstairs, passing the smell of the girls cooking dinner. I walked up the stairs and began to walk along the corridor to mine and Leah's room, ready to collapse on the bed, when I saw Jordan walking towards me.

"She's been in our room." I thought to myself. I knew instantly what had happened, but had to act normal as I walked past.

"Hey girl!" Jordan smiled at me.

"Oh hi! I haven't seen you today! The girls are making dinner downstairs and it smells incredible." I replied.

"I can't wait, I'm starving! Will I see you down there?" Jordan asked.

"Oh definitely!" I smiled, before we both headed off in our separate directions. I stopped in my tracks waiting until she disappeared before I ran down the corridor to our bedroom door. I could hear Leah sobbing through the walls, but had to go into the room quietly so she didn't panic. I knocked a couple of times first before speaking.

"Leah, it's me. I'm coming in" I said, before opening the door to Leah sat on the floor at the other side of the room, knees up to her chest and her head in her hands. I ran over to her, sitting down next to her and pulling her close to me.