3

"Mere liye ?, dikhaao" Haseena said.

Haseena was just about to take that letter when, Santosh who was junior of Haseena came excitedly

"Chaliye aap dono, announcement ka time ho gaya hai" santosh said.

"Kaunsi announcement ?" Karishma asked.

"Are wo nahi pata chaliye jaldi" Santosh replied.

Before Karishma could say anything, santosh dragged them the auditorium and karishma kept the letter in her bag. 

The bustling college campus was alive with energy as the students gathered in the auditorium, their chatter and laughter filling the air. 

Karishma and Haseena found their usual seats, their bodies thrumming with anticipation for the big announcement.

Karishma's heart was racing, the envelope containing her heartfelt letter burning a hole in her bag. She had spent a restless night, replaying the words she had written, her mind oscillating between hope and fear.

 Now, as she sat beside Haseena, their arms occasionally brushing against each other, Karishma felt a familiar flutter in her chest.

Haseena, oblivious to the turmoil within her best friend, was equally excited about the upcoming announcement. 

As the college dean (DK sir) stepped up to the podium, the room fell silent, all eyes trained on the stage. Karishma gripped the edge of her seat, her palms sweating, as the dean's voice boomed through the speakers.

"Good morning, students! I'm sure you're all wondering why I've gathered you here today." DK sir paused, a small smile playing on her lips. "Well, I'm thrilled to announce that the college has organized a trip to Manali, one of the most breathtaking destinations in our country!"

A collective gasp of excitement rippled through the audience, and Karishma could feel the energy in the room surge. Haseena's eyes lit up, and she leaned in closer to Karishma, her shoulder brushing against hers.

"This trip will take place in two months, and it's open to all students who are interested in participating," DK sir continued. "It will be an excellent opportunity for you all to not only explore the stunning Himalayan landscape but also bond with your fellow classmates and create memories that will last a lifetime."

Karishma tried to focus on the dean's words, but her attention kept drifting to the warmth of Haseena's body next to her. She could feel the familiar butterflies in her stomach, and she had to resist the urge to reach out and take Haseena's hand.

"The sign-up sheet will be available in the main office starting tomorrow," DK sir announced, eliciting another round of excited chatter from the students. "I encourage you all to take advantage of this amazing opportunity. Who knows, you might even discover something new about yourselves along the way."

With a final nod, the dean stepped away from the podium, and the students burst into applause. Haseena turned to Karishma, her eyes shining with excitement.

"Can you believe it, Krishu? A trip to Manali! This is going to be incredible!" Haseena exclaimed, her voice laced with enthusiasm.

Karishma forced a smile, her mind still reeling from the weight of the secret she carried. "Y-yes, it's going to be amazing. Hum bhi bahut excited hain"

Haseena was so happy. The police exams she had been preparing for had been consuming her every waking moment, but the prospect of a college trip to the picturesque Manali had her giddy with enthusiasm.

"Oooo bhaiii, ab to couples ke maje hi maje" Meera said. 

"Haan meera, school wale honeymoon destination pe le jaa rahe hain" Chita said.