Home Sweet Home

After almost ,spending about 3 weeks in their Honeymoon plus Babymoon, Moran returned home. It was time for the results to be announced and Karan being the headtrainer, was caught up in a tight schedule, a few days he had come home late in the night , and with Monami's pregnancy hormones dancing all over, she became a little cranky as she used to miss Karan's pampering . It was one such day when Monami had come home after her shift in the hospital, she was missing Karan but she knew that he had important work also. She sat on the sofa and was watching some movie that was playing. But while watching she fell asleep and Karan had the spare keys of the house, and as it was around 1.00 am in the night, Karan slowly opened the door but was startled hearing some TV,sounds he quickly locked the door and went to the living room where he was welcomed with pillows scattered over the floor and it looked really messy.He saw Monami had fallen asleep with the TV left On. He shut the TV and tidied up the Living room. He later carried Monami to their bedroom but Monami's sleep broke. She was happy seeing Karan and peppered light kisses on his face. Karan smiled at her antics ,he kissed her forehead and went to freshen up. Meanwhile, Monami slowly went to the kitchen and brought food for herself and Karan as she wanted to have dinner with him but due to the increased workload they weren't able to give each other time . Karan after freshen himself and went to the room only to be welcomed by it's emptiness.
Monami slowly entered the room and Karan helped her set up the table for dinner.
Karan was shocked on seeing that Monami had not had her dinner.  He was about to scold her but he found her lost, disturbed and also her miss seemed a little dull and off. They started having dinner, practically only Karan was having dinner, while Monami who was lost in her own thoughts was just playing with the spoon. Karan quickly completed his dinner and took Monami's plate and started feeding her. On any other day Monami would have enjoyed this pampering but today she seemed off and lost in her own thoughts. After making her have her dinner, Karan kept the dishes and came back to the room where he saw Monami's blankly staring at the wall. He sat beside her and took her hands in his. This broke Monami's trance, Karan cupped her face and asked her what was brother her !

Karan : Kya hua Rani Sahiba,  tum itni khoyi khoyi kyu ho?!
Aur tumne dinner time par you nahi kiya?!

And that's it ,Monami hugged him and started crying. Karan panicked when he heard Monami cry. He caressed her hair just as a Mother comforts her child.  Once her cries slowed , he wiped her face and made her drink water. He  gently pecked her forehead and asked her to tell whatever was there in her mind. Monami then told that she had seen a couple who had come to the hospital to abort their child . She was traumatised as the Mother of the child wanted to keep her Baby while the Father seemed  unbothered .
It reminded her of her childhood where Dr.Mahajan  never cared for her it was only her Mother and once when she was in her late teens she came across a diary written by her late Mother ,in which Juhi had mentioned that when she learnt of her pregnancy she was quite elated but Dr.Deepak Mahajan didn't want the child. Once during the check up ,Deepak illegally found out that the child in Juhi's womb was a female and had devised devilish schemes to kill the child but by God's grace ,nothing happened. Hearing all this Karan's rage knew no bounds. And Monami started crying hysterically. Karan hugged her and placed her head near his chest so that she could hear his heartbeats. This worked as a magic as soon Monami stopped crying. Karan wiped her tears and then sang a lullaby so that Monami could fall asleep.  Monami was really tired and fell asleep within a few moments.  And Karan too slept.

The next morning, Monami woke up late and as she got up from the bed she was surprised to see that the room was empty. She then looked at the clock and almost shrieked as it half past 10 and she was late for hospital. Janhavi who was going to Moran's room on hearing Monami's shriek, quickly rushed to see if everything was fine. She then went to Monami and made her sit down.

Janhavi: Kya hua baccha ?
Aise zor se kyu chillaya?!

Monami: Mumma main late ho gayi aaj Hospital ke liye...mujhe nahi pata kaise maine apna subah ka alarm miss kar diya.

Janhavi: offho Baccha  aaj tum hospital nahi jaogi,  aaj tum ghar pe hi apne patients ke saath video consultation karogi. 

Monami: okay Mumma, main fresh hokar neeche aati hoon  !

Janhavi smiled at Monami and left.

Monami too freshened up and as she was busy combing her hair, Karan entered the room with a huge wooden basket. Monami saw that basket and curiosity filled in her mind. She thought that Karan would have bought all her favourite food stuffs to cheer her up after the last night's emotional disturbance.

Karan place the basket on the sofa and went behind Monami and hugged her . He then held her hands and made her sit on the sofa. He blindfolded her and then slowly opened the basket and took out a surprise for her and kept it on her hands.

MONAMI felt something soft and excited she asked Karna to untie the blindfold. Karan smiled at her antics and as soon as he untied her blindfold she saw something on her hands that made her smile big!