26. 𝔅𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔨 𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔇𝔬𝔴𝔫

Mal and I get Audrey to her dorm, everyone joining us as Mal sits on one side of the bed while I sit next to Evie on the other. Evie says, "She's slipping away." Mal and I share glances before she looks at Audrey and drops her head, knowing we've no other choice. She says, "There's only one person in the world who might be able to do something about this, and that's Hades."

Ben looks at her like she's insane, "Hades? He wouldn't do it. I wouldn't risk it." Mal looks at me, silently asking permission to deliver the news. I nod at her and mouth, 'Together.' She begins, "Actually, he might do it for Marissa and me." Evie looks up at Mal before looking at me wide-eyed, making me smile softly before announcing, "He's our father."

Not one person in the room was expecting that, but Ben's reaction is the most memorable. His eyes look as though they "really were going to pop out of his head. Ben looks at me, "You're-" I reassure him, "I only just found that out when Mal, Celia, and I went to get the ember." I look to Mal with a soft teasing look, "Although, someone knew we were half-sisters long before I did."

  ~Earlier that day~

Celia nods and walks away, Liam following her as I speak up, "Mal?" She turns to me, "Yeah?" I look her in the eye, "I have to tell you something. I just found out that I'm your half-sister." Mal looks at me and says-

"I know."

I blink at her, not expecting her reaction, "What? You knew?" She nods, "Yeah. I've known for a while now." Frowning in disbelief, I ask her, "How long is a while?" Mal purses her lips as she fights off a smile, "Since I first saw you. When I was little, Pain and Panic were babysitting me and I overheard them talking about how I had a sister older than me by a few months.

"And then, soon before coming to Auradon, I overheard them again saying how Hades had found you and been keeping an eye on you, they repeated the description he had given them of my older sister. So, when I first saw you and found that you had matched the description, I knew I had found my older sister. That's also why I didn't mess with you too much when we first came here."

I just shake my head, "You've known this whole time and never told me?" Mal grimaces, "Well, I didn't know how you'd react to it. I was worried you'd hate that and not want anything to do with me anymore. Then after getting to know you and after Ben's and your coronation, I decided that it'd probably be best if I told you when Auradon was more accepting. I mean, they still at the time barely accepted us. I didn't want you treated any differently."

I smile at her, "While that's nice of you, I still wish I had known before now." She nods, "I understand." We just stare at each other before breaking into smiles and hugging each other, "Oh, I'm so glad you know, now! I've always been proud to have you as my sister." I smile and hug her tighter, "I'm proud to be yours, too, Mal."

  ~Present~

Evie realizes, "That's why when the ember shocked us all, it was only you and Mal who's appearances changed." I nod and look at my outfit and hair, "Yup. Although, I gotta say, I'm really loving the blue highlights." Uma speaks up, "That's why you were able to use the ember, too." I nod as I look to Ben to see what he says. He states, "Well, I'll have to send guards to get him." Uma says, "Maybe I can hitch a ride."

I smile understandingly as Mal looks at her surprised, Uma telling her, "The Isle is my home. Someone needs to be there to protect it." Harry looks at me and I nod, telling him I'm okay - but only because I know he'll be back in a few days. He walks up behind Uma and puts his hands on her shoulders, "Well, then, yer'll need yer first mate." Mal says, "The Isle will be in very good hands."

Celia stands from her seat in the bay window and asks, "Can I go, too?" Everyone looks at her and she says, "I wish I could be in both places." Mal stands with an apologetic expression, "I really think that Evie was right. And... I do think that we could've been friends. And I'm really sorry that I lied to all of you guys. And that I agreed to sway your decisions, Ben and Marissa. You deserved so much better than that."