2. 𝔚𝔢𝔩𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔙𝔎'𝔰

"I still can't believe Ben is doing this! I mean, they're there for a reason! Why don't we just take down the barrier?!" I roll my eyes as I go through my closet, trying to pick out an outfit for meeting the VK's today...while listening to Audrey rant about how she doesn't want the VK's to come here.

Let me just clarify, that at first, Audrey and I didn't always get along. Well, we don't always get along now; but it was really bad when Belle and Beast first adopted me. She thought I was going to "steal" her crown, since Ben had spoken to her about my coronation, and whether I should be crowned Princess, or Queen and we rule together as siblings. You can imagine how she reacted when he wasn't in the room.

It took a while to finally corner her, after having to deal with rumors and blatant mistreatment, to get matters set straight.

I told her that I never, ever, wanted to be Queen, not because I knew that would be Mal's future, but I just want to be a supportive, behind the scenes helper to Ben. Once that was known to Audrey, her whole demeanor towards me changed.

She took back the rumors she started about me, and started acting nice to me...well as nice as she can get before the end of the first Descendants movie. I say over my shoulder, "Audrey, you know how Ben feels about this. Can't you just try to understand where he's coming from? Not everyone raised by villains are evil."

I look back to see her texting on her phone, making me deadpan, "Audrey? Audrey. Audrey!" She snaps her head up, "Sorry, did you say something?" I sigh and just hold out my dress, "What do you think of this to meet the VKs?" She assess the dress, before nodding, "I think it's perfect. I just wish it wasn't going to be worn for meeting the VKs. Seriously, like-" Rolling my eyes, I tune the rest of her rant out, focusing on getting ready for meeting Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos.

Later, Audrey, Ben and I are standing outside Auradon Prep, behind the band, awaiting the VK's. Soon enough, the limo is in sight and everyone starts the "Welcome to Auradon" festivities...which is all way too much in my opinion. The limo stops before us, and I smirk as Jay and Carlos fall out onto the ground and fight, Evie and Mal getting out after them.

"Ow! Stop! You got everything else, why do you want whatever this is?"

"'Cause you want it!"

"No!"

"Give it to me!"

"Ow!"

"Let go!"

Audrey, Ben, and I follow Fairy Godmother, Mal looking embarrassed, "Guys, guys, guys. We have an audience." Jay then looks at us, "Just cleaning up." I raise my brow and smirk amused, nodding as if I believed it. He glares a bit at Carlos, who still lays on the ground, "Get up." Fairy Godmother then starts, "Leave it like you found it! And by that I mean just leave it." Jay looks irritated and throws everything back into the limo, when he gets a glimpse of Audrey and walks closer to her, "Hello, foxy. The name's Jay."

I hold back a snort as Audrey laughs uncomfortably, as Fairy Godmother leans to the side to get Jay's attention, "Welcome to Audradon Prep. I'm Fairy Godmother. Headmistress." Mal's interest is peaked, "The Fairy Godmother? As in 'Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo'?" I cringe as FG responds, "Bibbidi-Bobbidi you know it!"

Mal then says, "Yeah, I always wondered what it felt like for Cinderella, when you just appeared, out of nowhere, with that sparkly wand and warm smile. And that sparkling wand." Mal...tone it down, girl. Don't make it obvious. FG looks flattered, "Oh. That was a long time ago. And as I always say, 'Don't focus on the past or you'll miss the future!'"

I nudge Ben, motioning him forward as he looks at me. He, Audrey, and I step forward as he says, "I'm Ben." Audrey pipes in, "Prince Benjamin. Soon to be king." I mentally facepalm, as Evie steps forward, looking at Ben dreamily, "You had me at prince. My mom's a queen. Which makes me a princess."