23. 𝔗𝔞𝔩𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔚𝔦𝔱𝔥 ℌ𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔰

I look down the stairs to see Hades smirking at me, making me raise a brow. I slowly descend down the stairs, eyeing Mal as I pass her, "She won't notice. To her, you're still at the top of the stairs." Narrowing my eyes, I question him, "How are you doing this? I thought FG's barrier forbade any evil magic here..."

Hades chuckles, "My powers aren't, 'evil', per-say. And I barely used them in my attempts to destroy Wonderbreath; it was mostly things that already existed, physical strength, and other beings that I used, so I can't be penalized for that. Which is why I'm able to freeze time right now with no consequences.

"Besides, Do you honestly think FG's magic is more powerful than my powers? Or that my powers are contained to my ember? Come on, I'm a god. Only a very small percentage of my power is copied to the ember, which I only made for show. I could easily teleport off this Isle, go back to work, and no one would be the wiser."

I think it over, "That...actually makes sense and sounds like something you'd do." He smirks, "Exactly. My powers are in full swing...meaning I know you're not from here." I blink, nervously replying, "Of course I'm not from Auradon. I come from another country-" He interrupts, "More like another dimension."

I stare at him, "How the hell do you know that?" He begins to circle me, "Well...about two years ago, give or take a few months, I felt a new soul entering the dimension - one that's unlike any other in our world. So I kept an eye on you." I narrow my eyes, "Why would you keep an eye on me? Does my soul feel threatening?"

He shakes his head, "Nah. Not to me at least. I just felt that I should keep an eye on you since I'm the one who brought you here." I spin around to him, "It was you?! You brought me here?! Is that why FG couldn't send me back?!" Hades nods, "Good catching up to the program here. And of course that's why she couldn't."

I feel so lost and confused right now, "But why would you bring me here?" He looks at me, "You wished for it, didn't you?" I groan frustratedly, "That doesn't mean that I..." I sigh exasperatedly, "I didn't think it would work! I mean, it's the whole, 'wish upon a star' myth." Hades smirks, "Not so mythical now, huh?"

I glare at him, "If you've been watching me...then why did you do a double take the other day?" He shrugs, "You look different in person. Plus, your eyes were glowing...which I didn't expect for you to be able to do for a while." I furrow my brows, "What do you mean?"
He just smirks and snaps his fingers, making me find myself back at the top of the stairs, time resuming. Mal unfreezes and walks up the stairs, Hades telling her, "If it gets wet, it's game over." She simply waves her fingers goodbye and continues on with Liam and Celia.

Hades snaps his fingers, "Oh, Marissa, one more thing. You only could be here if you had ties to the being who brought you here...blood ties." My eyes widen as I slowly turn to him in disbelief, "What-I-you-how-" He smiles widely, "You're half Hades...just like Mal."

I shake my head, "You're my dad? But- Wait... So, that's why I never looked like my 'dad' back home." He nods, "I know." I continue, "Why I never felt like I belonged..." Hades nods again, "I know." I also say, "Why I felt more at home here than my old world." Hades nods, "I know." I yell at him, "I know! I know, you know! I got it! I get the concept!"

My eyes widen, "Oh, I heard it..." He nods and I shake my head, "You know what? We'll deal with this later. I gotta get back to Liam, and help Mal... Oh, Mal's really my sister - my half-sister - and she's marrying my brother, Ben. Wait that's weird, isn't it?" Hades looks at me like I'm stupid, "You're adopted by Belle and Beast. He's not your biological brother. No, it's not weird."

I nod, "Oh, right... Well, like I said, we'll talk about this later. I gotta get back to help them." I hurry away, but not before hearing Hades chuckle and say proudly, "Those are my girls." I bite back a smile, whether real or sarcastic, I don't know, but Hades is my biological dad... I did kind of see it coming, but at the same time, I didn't.