9. ℭ𝔬𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔓𝔱. 1

It's finally Coronation Day, and my stomach is in knots. Not only will I be Crowned Princess, but everyone on the Isle of the Lost will know about me now - which is quite scary now that I think about it. I stand in my room, dressed and ready for the coronation ceremony. I can't help but chuckle as I look over my appearance.

When my seamstress, Amanda, consulted me on the design of my coronation dress, I couldn't help but have her design the exact dress that I wanted so desperately ever since I saw it.

(A/n: Picture the yellow Belle dress and accessories from the 2017 live action Beauty and the Beast.)

As I smooth out my dress, I hear a knock at the door, "It's open. Come on in." I watch the door open through the mirror and see Mom and Dad enter the room, both of them smiling proudly as they see me. Mom hurries over and hugs me, "Oh, Marissa! You look beautiful, darling!" I smile as a blush appears on my cheeks, "Thank you, Mom."

I look over at Dad as he stands beside me, with his hands behind his back, "You look amazing, my little flower." My blush deepens as I sheepishly look down, "Thanks, Dad." He then brings his hands from behind his back, revealing that he was hiding a beautiful box, "We wanted to show you this now. Your mother couldn't wait." Mom looks at him, "Neither could you."

He opens the box, the contents taking my breath away, "It's your tiara."

I stare at the tiara in disbelief, "It's beautiful." Mom hugs me, "We just wanted to make sure you know that, while we're not your biological parents, you're just as much our daughter as Ben is our son. We love you so much and are so proud of you and what you've accomplished in your short time here."

Dad smiles, placing a fatherly hand on my shoulder, "You've proven on more than one occasion your devotion and loyalty to Ben and to us. We both saw something special in you and have never regretted adopting you. You're the daughter we always wanted but never had. Our family wasn't complete until you came into our lives, Marissa."

I smile and start to wave my hands by my eyes, "You guys are gonna make me cry, and Amanda won't like it if my makeup gets smeared." We all chuckle before they each give me one last hug and kiss on the cheek before wishing me luck and leaving to go ahead to the cathedral.

Looking back at the mirror, I take a deep breath, "Let's do this."

I am, then, escorted by one of the guards to the door where I meet Ben and Mal, both of them gaping at me in awe. Ben walks over and hugs me, "Marissa, wow! You look gorgeous, Sis!" I hug him tightly before looking his outfit over, "Thank you, Ben. You look handsome as always."

He smiles as I turn to Mal, who curtsies to me, making me roll my eyes playfully and walk over to embrace her, "We're family now, Mal. No need to curtsy to me." I feel her tighten her grip on me, "Yeah... We're family." We pull away and smile at each other, "You look so beautiful, Mal." She chuckles sadly, "Not as beautiful as you."

I playfully narrow my eyes and smile, "I doubt that." We share a laugh before looking over and seeing Ben smiling, evidently elated that we get along so well. I then smirk at my brother, "Ready to be crowned King of Auradon?" He laughs, "With you at my side as Crowned Princess and Royal Advisor of Auradon? Absolutely."

~~~

People stand outside the cathedral, eagerly awaiting Marissa and Ben for their coronation as Snow White reports live, the broadcast shown through all of Auradon and on the Isle. "At last, here we are, broadcasting live from the coronation where Prince Benjamin will soon be crowned King. I'm Snow White, bringing you up to the second coverage of who's the fairest of them all!"

The Evil Queen mocks her, "'I'm Snow White.' Who are you kidding? She's definitely had work done." The inside of the cathedral is shown, showing the hero's and their kids, FG shown, "Oh. Fairy Godmother is looking radiant. But what is happening with Jane's hair? And there is Fairy Godmother's wand!"