1. 𝔅𝔢𝔫'𝔰 𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔠𝔩𝔞𝔪𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫

Once upon a time, long, long ago. Well, more like 20 years ago. Belle married her Beast in front of 6,000 of their closest, personal friends. Big cake. Yeah, so instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all of the kingdoms and got himself elected king of the United States of Auradon. He rounded up all the villains and sidekicks, basically all of the really interesting people, and he booted them off to the Isle of the Lost with a magical barrier to keep them there

How do I know all of this? Well, let me introduce myself: I'm Marissa Plumeria and I'm 15 years old. I fell through a portal from my world, and landed in the Descendants movie universe. You know the saying, "Be careful what you wish for"? Well, apparently, when I jokingly wished to be in the Descendants Universe, my wish was granted. I've been here for about a year and for whatever reason, I can't leave. Fairy Godmother has tried multiple ways of trying to send me back...and each one failed.

So now, I'm stuck here for the foreseeable future. No one knows that where I'm from, this is all just a story, except Fairy Godmother. She was the one who found me, and the only one I explained everything to - how I'm from a world where her world is a series of three movies. After a couple weeks of trying to get me back home, she told me that she had done all she could, but that she wasn't able to send me home.

She then brought me to King Beast and Queen Belle, which made me have to strive to not faint meeting one of my favorite Disney Princesses. They let me explain how I wasn't from here and how Fairy Godmother tried to send me home, but nothing worked. They felt sorry for me and I was just expecting to be given a job and a room...even with Belle's kindness, I didn't expect them to decide to adopt me into their family. That definitely caused me to faint.

That leads me to this moment in time. I'm here with Ben, their son and my adoptive brother who became my best friend, both of us getting measured for our coronation. Ben's being crowned King, and I'm being crowned Princess and his Royal Advisor, thanks to my new family and others tutoring me in how to be a Princess and Ben wanting me to help him make decisions to help Auradon. How convenient is it, too, that our birthdays are only a day apart!

I watch as he stares out the window to the Isle of the Lost, smiling slightly as I know his true love is on the Isle. He told me that he had figured out his first Royal Proclamation, and said he wanted to tell me and our parents at the same time. Oh, if only he knew I know exactly what his proclamation is. But for my sake, I played clueless...because I definitely don't want to be on the hook for this with Beast.

Speaking of which...

"How is it possible that you're gonna be crowned king next month? You're just a baby! And Marissa, my little flower, the Royal Advisor!" I blush at Beast- I mean, Dad's, nickname for me, still not used to them considering me a daughter...especially in such a short amount of time.Like, seriously. Just knowing me for five minutes and they decided to adopt me. They could've just allowed me to stay and become a regular citizen.

Must be the Auradonian air...

Bel-Mom playfully swats Dad's arm, "They're turning sixteen, dear." Ben and I greet them, "Hey, Pops/ Hi, Mom and Dad." Dad continues, "Sixteen? That's far too young to be crowned king or Royal Advisor. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least forty-two."Mom scoffs as she turns to him with Ben's clothes in her hand, "Uh. You decided to marry me at twenty-eight." I chuckle at the two as Dad replies, "Well, it was either you or a teapot." Ben chuckles while I grimace, our parents more-or-less mirroring our reactions. Dad tries to save himself, "Kidding."

Ben takes a breath before trying to step forward, "Mom, Dad..." The tailor stops him, "Ah! Mmm-mmm." I roll my eyes sharing a look with my seamstress, both of us finding the tailor a bit uptight. "I've chosen my first official proclamation." My parents share a happily surprised look, as I say, "Ben, that's wonderful! What is it?"

He blurts out, "I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost should be given a chance to live here in Auradon." Mom and Dad freeze a bit, Mom dropping one of Ben's jackets out of shock, myself yelping, as my surprised seamstress poked me with a pin by accident. Ben gives his reason, "Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned."

Dad looks like he's trying to control his temper and have a heart attack at the same time, "The children of our sworn enemies? Living among us?" Ben answers, "We start out with a few at first, only ones who need our help the most. I've already chosen them." Dad steps forward a bit, "Have you? And did you consult your sister? Your chosen Royal Advisor?"

Mom and I share a look before she jumps in, "I gave you a second chance." Dad backs down a bit as Mom asks, "Who are their parents?" Ben tells us, "Cruella De Vil, Jafar, Evil Queen...and Maleficent." Ben's tailor and my seamstress both scream and gasp in shock, while Dad yells, "Maleficent! She is the worst villain in the land!"

Ben tries to pacify our father, "Dad, just hear me out here..." Dad interrupts, "I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes." The others leave the room as Ben rebuttals, "Dad, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life? Dad?"

Dad looks at Mom and myself before sighing, "I suppose the children are innocent." I purse my lips, 'Of course they're innocent! They didn't tell their parents to do what they did! Nor did they ask to be born to villains!' Dad then turns and waits for Mom as she smiles proudly at Ben, "Well... Well done." She winks at me and smiles, myself returning it as she meets Dad, "Shall we?"

Ben looks out to the Isle again after they leave, and I step down from my pedal-stool and stand next to him, "This is really what you want, isn't it?" He exhales, "Yeah. It is. I'm sorry I didn't consult with you. I just-" I hold my hand up and stop him, "I'm not mad about that, nor irritated. I see your point, and I do agree. I think you're going about it the right way, bringing so few at first. It's going to be an adjustment, not just for them, but for Aurdadon as well. And then once they've settled, we bring more over."

He nods, "How do you think this will turn out, Marissa?" I smile, "Honestly, I think it's going to be a mess at first...but sometimes, you just have to get your hands dirty to create something beautiful. It'll be worth it in the end, I believe." Ben smiles as he side-hugs me, "Thanks, sis."I smile back, "Anytime, bro. Now, I've gotta go. You put me in charge of food, and it's tasting time!"