14. 𝔎𝔦𝔡𝔫𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔢𝔡 𝔅𝔶 𝔘𝔪𝔞'𝔰 ℭ𝔯𝔢𝔴

We keep walking through the Isle, myself internally grimacing knowing Gil is going to tell Uma we're here. Soon enough, we make it to Evie, Jay, Carlos, and Mal's old place, Jay tossing a rock at the sign to open the gate. Ben steps onto the stairs before turning back to us, "Wish me luck."

I smile slightly at him as Jay tells him, "All the way up." Ben continues up, Evie saying, "Good luck." We all then settle and wait, myself looking around from my place by the column. I frown as I take in every sight around me, my heart growing more and more heavy.

"Marissa, what's wrong?" I look back to see Carlos, Evie, and Jay looking at me worried. Sighing sadly, I say, "I just... Seeing the condition of the Isle makes me disappointed in my dad. I mean, I always thought that he didn't have to go to such lengths to deal with the villains, but this!

"Those kids who Evie let take her wallet, everyone's state of living! It breaks my heart they have to live this way - that you guys had to live this way! If my father couldn't think of a punishment other than banishing everyone here, the least he could've done was make sure they'd have livable conditions!

"He should've been making sure everyone had fresh clean water, fresh food, sturdy housing! Not eating rotten food and living in shambles! Letting people, letting kids, live this way - how does that make him any better than the villains who mistreated the 'heroes'?!"

I don't realize I'm crying until Carlos hurriedly stands and wipes the tears from my face and pulls me into a hug, letting me cry into his chest. After a short time, I pull away and wipe my tears, Carlos reassuring me, "Marissa, none of this is your fault." Jay speaks up, "Yeah, and all of this started before any of us were even born."

Evie says, "Carlos and Jay are right. And the fact that you've been so eager to get other VKs off the Isle shows how much you care about us. We don't blame you for anything." I calm down after their reassurances, promising myself to work harder to not just get the VKs off the Isle, but to make the Isle more habitable for those living here.

We hear footsteps after a bit and turn to see Ben coming down the stairs, Evie asking, "So... Where's Mal?" Ben answers here, "She's not coming back." I frown in worry at his heartbroken expression, Evie asking stunned, "What? I'll talk to her."

I follow Ben, wanting to help my brother anyway I can. I hurry and grab his arm, "Ben. Ben!" He turns to me with tears in his eyes making me furrow by brows in sadness, "Oh, Ben..." Ben jolts forward and hugs me, burying his face into my neck as I hug him back tightly, letting him cry.

Trying to calm him down, I tell him, "I'm sorry, Ben. I know you're hurting right now, but just know that no matter what, I'll always be here for you. I'm Mal will come around eventually, but until then and after, I'm here." Ben pulls away and wipes his tears smiling sadly at me, "Thank you, Marissa." I smile slightly at him, "Of course. Now let's get back to E, Jay, and Carlos, okay?"

"Oh, I dinnae think so."

Ben looks behind me and his eyes widen, making me reluctant to turn around, recognizing the Scottish accent, "Uh, oh..." Despite my better judgement, I slowly turn and am met with a smirking band of pirates. I watch as Harry steps forward, "Well, well, well... Lookae what we have here. King Ben-" he trails his eyes over me, his smirk widening as he bows, "and Princess Marissa. Harry Hook."

I steel my face when Ben and I are grabbed from behind, two pirates holding our arms behind our backs and tying our hands together despite our struggling. We both fight, myself more fiercely to get out of my hold and protect my brother, when a hook is placed under my chin, making Ben and I stop instantly.

The hook slowly pushes my chin up, making me look at the smug pirate, our eyes connecting as I glare at him, "I'd stop struggling if I were ye. Wouldn't want something to happen to yer brother now, would ye?" I glance at my brother out of the corner of my eye, seeing him look distressed.

Sighing, I very reluctantly relax my stance, making Harry smirk, "Good choice. Uma will be pleased with your cooperation...not 'at she didnae already know ye'd do anything for yer brother." He removes his hook from my chin before moving my hair out of my face, "Ye're more ravishing in person."

I just glare at him, as he pulls away and turns to the other pirates, "Take 'em to Uma's ship. A'll go let their friends know they're in...good hands." Ben and I are then lead away roughly, myself struggling to not snap at them as we're outnumbered. I do have one thought in mind, though - why is Harry so much hotter in person than on screen?!

~~~

Carlos looks around and instantly becomes concerned, "Guys. Where's Ben and Marissa?" Jay and Evie instantly look down the alleyway, "Ben?" They see a figure walking towards them, "Ben! Ben don't scare us like that." Harry appears, "Don't scare you? That's my speciality."

Evie breaths, "Harry." Jay demands, "What did you do with Ben and Marissa?" Harry turns back pointing a bit, "Oh, uh, we nicked them. Mmm-hmm. Yeah, um, and if you want to see them again have Mal come to the Chip Shoppe tonight. Alone. Uma wants a little visit."

Harry looks at Jay, mockingly pouting, "Aw, Jay. Seems like you've lost your touch." Jay goes to jump him when Evie stops him, "Jay." Harry laughs before turning to Carlos and barking at him, turning and whistling as he struts away.

Jay, Carlos, and Evie exchange looks before forcing their way into the VK hideout, to tell Mal what had occurred.

~~~

We make it to Ursula's restaurant, forced inside when everyone turns to us, sneering as they realize who we are. Ben and I are shoved to a table and are told not to move. Normally, I'd have something smart and snarky to respond with, but I'm outnumbered and retaliating will only make this situation worse.

I can tell Ben is surprised when he looked at me expectantly, only for me to remain neutral. One of the pirates walks to the kitchen and pokes his head in for a moment, only to step aside as Uma walks out with a smirk on her face. She strut over us, "Well, look at who we have here on the Isle." Expecting her to say more, I stay silent when she motions for her crew members to pull us up, "Take them to the holding cells. I'll deal with them later."

Ben and I are then thrown into a dingy cell, myself turning to him, "Ben, are you okay?" He groans, "Yeah, I think so. You?" I nod, "Yeah, I'm okay." After getting up Ben asks, "Marissa... Why are you being so...so-" I interject, "So cooperative? Because we're not in a position where fighting back is in our best interest.

"We're not in our kingdom, we're outnumbered, and we're not favored by anyone here. Our best chance at getting out of this, is to just listen to them and not speak unless spoken to, okay?" Ben nods in understanding before frowning, "I get it, but I don't think you're entirely correct about us not being favored by anyone on the Isle."

I look at him confused, "What are you talking about?" Ben looks hesitant, "I think Harry favors you." I blink a couple of times before I say the only thing I can think to say, "Huh?"