Chapter 15

Erix

Before she could get a word in, Caz immediately began talking.

"We can't take her to Kuata! She's marked" he said worriedly. I wasn't sure whether I should be grateful that at Caz cared about her safety or reprimand him for it since I  want her to know more about the underworld, what life was like, and how it differs from the moon kingdom.

"I'm aware, but the rest of my people will be there to stand guard. We will not let the Princess get kidnapped from us"  I said as she gave me an ironic look. I just rolled my eyes and stood up; I may have kidnapped the princess, but now my priorities have shifted. Protecting her will be my priority.

As she began to stand up, we heard a huge bang outside the door. Caz immediately grabbed Aurora and they both disappeared as someone familiar appeared in my doorway. Someone with hazel eyes and hazel hair along with someone with green eyes and green hair. I immediately recognized the two individuals standing by my door way as they both looked worn out. Their clothes ripped, dirt on their hair, mud on their face, and they both laid down sat down trying to catch a breath.

"Prince Azra and Prince Percy.. to what do I owe this pleasure?" I asked as I brought them a wet cloth so that they can wipe their faces. They both cautiously took the cloth and wiped their faces as an uncomfortable silence wrapped around us. It was hard to break the ice until Caz popped out of nowhere and began talking,

"Why are you two here?" He spoke informally as I shot him a warning glare. He just rolled his eyes as he walked towards them to help them up.

"Never thought someone from the mafia would actually be kind" Prince Percy mumbled as he took Caz's hand and stood up. Azra stood up and stormed towards me with his eyes glowing with pure rage, an icy rage.

"Where is she?" He asked as his breath touched my face. I knew he was pissed since this was his younger sister we're talking about, but I was sure as hell not going to hand her over.

"What ever do you mean?"
"Where is she"
"Who?"
"My sister"
"I know no-"
"She needs to stay here"

Caz and I turned to each other wide eyed as we both looked at Percy and Azra. This man has just dropped the bombshell on us, a fucking bombshell. It took us a few minutes to let his words sink in before he began to speak again.

"I never thought I would ever turn Ashes for help, but here I am. The heir to the Moon Kingdom asking for an alliance. I would like to ask you to keep my sister away from The King and Queen... I need you to keep her away from her fiance" He said

Prince Percy was looking at us with a pleading face before snapping his fingers and big worn out box full of papers were appeared right in front of us. He slowly placed the box between us before looking back at Prince Azra and nodding slowly.

"What Prince Percy has placed in front of you are letters between the Lumar Family and Moon Family. These letters contain evidence of a planned assassination towards Princess Aurora the Beloved. Her assassination will occur a month after her wedding with Prince Sylas with Sylas being the perpetrator" His voice trembling as he was saying the atrocities that his family  and his aura covered with dark rage as if he was about to commit murder with his own hands. Caz began to look at the letters while I sat on my chair with my leg crossed over the other.

"You do know that you're asking to be allied with the enemy, right?" I asked wanting to make sure that he was willing to tarnish his kingdom's reputation the moment he becomes King.

"I'm aware of what I'm asking, but I'm willing to do anything to protect my sister, so name your price" as he began to walk towards me. Caz and Percy were discussing with each other about the letters as I could see how disgusted they were to even think a family would be capable of killing their own daughter. I made eye contact with the Prince once more before beginning to name my price.

"When you become King, I want to remain in contact with the Princess. You will allow her to do what pleases her, and you will not interfere with Ashes in any manner no matter what the ordeal is" I said coldly. Percy face stiffened as he looked up towards the two of us. It was obvious that it wasn't a deal he was willing to take, but it was one that they needed if they wanted to keep the Princess safe, not like they needed to make a bargain anyway.

"Fine, but I want to see my sister" was all the Prince said as I snapped my fingers and there her royal highness was looking at all for of us wide eyed. She fought back tears as she ran to hug her brother and her cousin.

"You came for me" she said breathlessly as hugged them. They both let go of her and gave her a sad smile before she could speak. The crown Prince immediately explained the situation to he, the beautiful shade of color on her face turned pale as she turn towards me.

"I have to stay here?" She asked trying to deny the reality and severity of the situation.

"Between Sylas and Erix, I trust Erix more than Sylas, and I will not allow you to go back while they're hunting for you" he told her as she dropped to her knees, now sobbing.

"It... why.. I.." she was trying to say something when Percy knelt down to her and gently grabbed her face.

"We're doing this to protect you and we're going to do everything to break off this engagement"

"It won't change a thing! Don't you understand? I've been marked! I will never be free from him! How? Tell me how the fuck you two found out about this?" She asked as she threw things at them. None of us moved as she kept throwing things out of frustration. Azra used his powers to seize her, but her powers out did him. Shock waved through the house as we all looked around.

The Princess had disappeared