Chapter 42- The best night ever

Aarohi's POV

“A-Aaru, he was trying to…,” he started explaining himself.

“Enough Vivaan. Enough. I am done with your explanations," I shouted.

"You need to understand that some problems can be fixed by talking also. You don't need to show your punching skills everytime," I said.

"I really don't understand, why are you so pissed off. Because I punched him or you really can't see him getting hurt," he said pissing me off even more.

"Because it's my life and you have no freaking right to interfere in it. Vivaan, I am telling you this, for the last time, stay away from me and my life,” I yelled at him.

Giving him a glare, I turned around and was about to leave when he said, “Okay fine, I will step out of your life and will never come back. I swear. Just look into my eyes and tell me that you don’t love me anymore.”

“I don’t love you,” I said looking straight into his eyes.

I witnessed his eyes filling with anger and turning red scaring me a little. He punched his fist into the wall to vent his anger making me anxious. I rushed to him and put his hand into mine.

“Are u mad?” I said rubbing his hand gently.

Tears rolled down my eyes looking at his red hand.

“You can see the pain of my hand but not my heart?” He chuckled.

“What do you want to prove by hurting yourself?” I asked him.

“That you still care for me. That the pain of my hand brings tears to your eyes. That you still love me dammit it,” he shouted.

“What do you want?” I asked him again.

“The truth,” he replied.

“Truth? Then listen. I still care for you. I can't see you in pain. Everytime you get hurt, my heart aches. And that’s because I love you. Yes, I am still in love with you. The way I love you, it's impossible for me to hate you,” I said and he smiled at me.

“But you know what? I hate myself even more for loving you. Loving you was the biggest mistake of my life and I’ll regret it till my last breath,” I said and his smile slowly faded away.

"Now, it would be really great if you could stay the fuck out of my life," I said and stormed out of the room wiping off my tears.

Everyone's eyes stared me with lots of questions inside their head when I came out, but noone asked anything and the function continued as usual.

After the function was over, Mahi took me to her room and we were having a gossip session. She was updating me about her life in the last 2 years showing me some pictures.

“Why Vivaan is missing from your family pictures?” I asked her unable to control my curiosity.

“Not only from pictures, he was missing from our lives also,” she said and I looked at her with a surprised face.

"In the last 2 years, I have hardly seen him. He used to remain outside most of the times and only come back home late at night. Neither he attended any function nor accompanied us for trips,” she said.

“Do you blame me for all these?” I asked her and she hugged me tightly.

“Never. I don’t know what had happened between you two but I am sure it must have been his fault,” she said.

“I really missed you a lot,” I said hugging her back.

"And what about Sambhavi?" I asked her.

"Sambhavi?" She looked at me surprisingly.